Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here it goes maybe u guys can help my budy plugged his fuel return line he has an airdog 150 and dual cp3 he has put studs and injectors in his truck so after he plugged this return and filled oil with fuel he made return fuctional again but what ever has went wrong is still doing it any suggestion will help thanks
also what exactly does a fuel rail cap do?

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Injectors have a certain leakage for cooling and lube. If he capped the rail releif valve then the excess rail pressure isn't allowed back to tank and is held there for the injectors to take. It's supose to help make more hps but can cause problems when pressure spikes to high. Don't let him run it with fuel in the crank case the bearings will fail and he will have more problems. Since he has dual pumps does he have bigger tips or injectors to handle the added volume?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he has kind pieced it together some great parts some not quite enough for his turbos he has 90hp nozzles on stock injectors but thats of subject when he first relized he had a problem he left truck at idle outside his shop came back to what he thought was aloose turbo return to soon find out the motor was completely full of fuel and running it out cause it was under pressure he called me and i told him to start by changing oil and checking closely for damage ie bearing metal he brought filter to me and i cut it for him all good in there lucky! so now with return going back into tank he is super paranoid now and says it is still getting fuel in oil.any suggestions thanks for ur time

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Did the problem come after he put the tips on? If so he should remove them and recheck the torque on them. Also get him to double check what the pumps will put out for flow and what the tips can handle. Any way he's going to have to pull apart something he touched to find the cause of the problem.

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,816 Posts
probably fubared the injectors, but it could be the crossover tubes leaking also

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuel in oil

ok area diesel a local shop did the tips and was supposed to check and make sure they were in good shape and all this started i think from what he did. ok im not sure the diffrence i put an airdog 165 new style on another buddys 05 dodge with no issues he has fuel rail actually capped off but just a stock cp3 i put industial injection kit on he has had no problems what so ever. now back to problem truck he has old style airdog 150 his return was in filler tube and i think he had suction tube problems and he put in a new suction tube and for whatever reason he had no where for fuel to return so the actually put a bolt in the return line cause fuel was running out.does this make any sence? thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
does this make any sence?
Not really but I would be asking the shop he had put the tips on what they did. Aftermarket parts are made to make power and add fun to your truck. That's what that company does for it's revenue. So it still sounds like you or he should remove the injectors and double check what is going on. Go on the supplier's site to find info and do it yourself. At the very least you guys will be out a set of seals. But then you can go from there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fuel in oil

sounds like a start i wish i would have been around truck more as parts were added not that im better then him just would make this easier i personally dont do much with the common rails except for buddys my 03 is pretty stock just usual stuff i play with the older cheaper 12 valves they r like a tractor pretty simple and no electronics easier for a farmboy thanks again

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
If he got rid of the factory filter canister when he put the airdog on and plugged the return coming from the CP3 it could have pushed the seal out of the front of it... I don't really comprende what's goin on here, you gotta punctuate those sentences man..

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,816 Posts
from what i can gather, it sounds like the fuel system was overloaded pressure wise and anything that can leak is doing. Other words he did way more harm then good trying to get power. i wouldnt let him touch any other cr motor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts