Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just threw money on a Cool Hose and going to replace Air Raid Mit modular tube and factory ruffled tubes. Everyone is saying it helps Egt's and air flow to turbo so lets hope so.Im running a Off set Air Raid Air filter on this 04 since I bought it new in 2004. Depending on how it flows with the Cool Hose I may or may not replace the Filter. Thoughts ?

I bought a Cool Hose intake 15 years ago for my 2004.5. It got rid of the stock intake tube which is a mess of convoluted plastic.
It's a nice simple piece, installs with only 2 clamps, and looks good.

But... it wont provide any air flow gains, greater power or lower EGT's.
For a mild truck, an aftermarket air filter is not worth it either, other than looks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a Cool Hose intake 15 years ago for my 2004.5. It got rid of the stock intake tube which is a mess of convoluted plastic.
It's a nice simple piece, installs with only 2 clamps, and looks good.

But... it wont provide any air flow gains, greater power or lower EGT's.
For a mild truck, an aftermarket air filter is not worth it either, other than looks.
I'm planning on doing 50hp sticks and a upgraded turbo eventually but theres so many different turbos out there and ones Ive looked at I wouldn't know where to start. All I want is a step above what is stock...I'm retired and dont plan on hot rodding, Just pulling the 5thwheel

Registered
Before you install the Cool Hose take a white cloth and rub the inside of the housing and blades. If it comes out clean the Air Raid's doing its job.
If it's oily or dusty,well you can guess the obvious.
The Cool Hose does a great job of cleaning up the engine compartment.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Before you install the Cool Hose take a white cloth and rub the inside of the housing and blades. If it comes out clean the Air Raid's doing its job.
If it's oily or dusty,well you can guess the obvious.
The Cool Hose does a great job of cleaning up the engine compartment.
I've already pulled off the tube today, its blackish around the area,, definitely want dry filter..I've got 181k on the Air Raid.I'll try to clean the housing and blades with some cleaner before installing the new tube. I'm running a Air Raid 127- oblong filter, which dry filter would go good with the cool hose and the factory box set up ?

Trying to learn
Definitely looks better and probably flows air better.
Been running 1 for about 4 years.

Registered
I've already pulled off the tube today, its blackish around the area,, definitely want dry filter..I've got 181k on the Air Raid.I'll try to clean the housing and blades with some cleaner before installing the new tube. I'm running a Air Raid 127- oblong filter, which dry filter would go good with the cool hose and the factory box set up ?
I use the 4" Wix and most probably use the Mopar 4".

Registered
Discussion Starter #8

Registered
I have the Home Depot mod drawing cool air from the fender and underneath.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I've done some extra holes in front but looking to do a cowl induction but don't want to give up my fog lights

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
20200218_184223.jpg

20200218_184614.jpg
I'm thinking have a rectangle vent in the slot where the tow hook would be.....sorry the truck ran through butterfly's after they hatched as we were heading over to Eastern Oregon,,,,

Trying to learn

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Top of mine went away in 2004 !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts