Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 that wont start on its own, you can roll the truck a foot and it will start. after it starts it runs just fine. i talked to the mechanics at cummins when i went to buy a new clutch fan bearing and they swore that they thought it was injectors or a single injector or possibly the crossover tube i think he said it could be. the way i understand the first couple yrs of commonrails is that if there is an injector not building enough pressure the comp wont let it fire up on its own. any insight my way is helpful

·
Registered
1 Posts
I myself have the same problem, even though it's bad, from time to time I have to fire it off with starting fluid, I was told it was a fuel pressure relief valve. And I switched it with the same one off my sons 06 dodge to make sure that was the problem before i started buying injectors, and it fired perfectly fine and had no hesitation. But when I put mine back on it went back to doing the same problem, the part itself is 519.00 from dodge, but if anyone knows where I can get one cheaper holler back. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well I don't know if it was wrong torque or not but it has new injectors now and it fires right up just like it should, so I think I'm in business now

·
Registered
286 Posts
I myself have the same problem, even though it's bad, from time to time I have to fire it off with starting fluid, I was told it was a fuel pressure relief valve. And I switched it with the same one off my sons 06 dodge to make sure that was the problem before i started buying injectors, and it fired perfectly fine and had no hesitation. But when I put mine back on it went back to doing the same problem, the part itself is 519.00 from dodge, but if anyone knows where I can get one cheaper holler back. Thanks.
They wake adjustable ones and regular replacement ones. If I'm not mistaken I think they are like 80 bucks or something. Check glacier diesel or xdp they should have em

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
MOLON LABE
2,599 Posts
get new injectors and call it done. it always comes down to the sticks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yea definitely just get the new prv. He already knows that's what it is so no need to get new sticks. But definitely stop using either. If you don't have the cash for the new prv right now just put a rail cap on it and make sure you monitor your rail press really close....that's better for the motor than either and the cap is just a bolt like 2 bucks tops

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts