Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have an early 03 3500 auto and it dosent have toe/hual it just has an overdrive off button so is that all it does ?
what i mean is dose it shift the same but just doesnot go into over drive?

thanks in advance for your help:doh:

· Registered
12 Posts
Not trying to highjack, newbie here. I also have a 2003 but its a 2500 auto. Would like to know the difference in the tow/haul and O/D Off. Mine is the O/D Off feature. Was wondering does the Tow/Haul feature make it shift like an Allison tranny or does it just simply turn off the O/D as well?

· Registered
325 Posts
Not trying to highjack, newbie here. I also have a 2003 but its a 2500 auto. Would like to know the difference in the tow/haul and O/D Off. Mine is the O/D Off feature. Was wondering does the Tow/Haul feature make it shift like an Allison tranny or does it just simply turn off the O/D as well?
Mine is a 2004 and it is a tow/haul button and all it does is no overdrive.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks guys haha it was kinda a retarted question i guess haha but i wasnt too sure

· Registered
207 Posts
Actually on my old 05 the tow/haul button ramped up the shift pattern all through the gears. It took a bit more rpm to shift and it shifted a bit firmer. In the 05's you couldn't lock out the OD it would shift all the way up to OD as long as your speed was above 55 mph. In 06 you could use both the tow/haul feature or you can lock out OD as well I think. I believe one push of the button turns on the tow haul and if you push it again it locks out the OD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.