Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can i run a holley (blue or black) in line with my stock lift pump and filter? will i have problems with the stock filter? dont have money for an airdog right now. Im planning on upgrading turbo (HE351) soon .

also I bought a 4" turbo elbow (4" exhaust comming later) do I need bigger clamps or can I use the stock ones?

· Premium Member
1,159 Posts
can i run a holley (blue or black) in line with my stock lift pump and filter? will i have problems with the stock filter? dont have money for an airdog right now. Im planning on upgrading turbo (HE351) soon .

also I bought a 4" turbo elbow (4" exhaust comming later) do I need bigger clamps or can I use the stock ones?
I ran a Holley blue in my '03 and it helped but at higher hp levels I was still losing lift pressure. The stock LP cannot flow enough even with another pump pushing thru it. the stock filter cannister is good to about 50psi so you are fine there.

You will not be able to use the 4" elbow intil you do the 4" down pipe.the whole purpose of the 4' elbow is to allow a 4" downpipe. you will gain nothing by using just the elbow (and that is AFTER you modify your current downpipe with the 4" flange to mate up tho the elbow). You will have to find one clamp for the new elbow and reuse one of your original clamps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.