Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03-10 2500/3500 4x4 Hemi CS-MRC-03-H $440
94-02 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel CS-MRC-03-H $440
:confused013:

could I then use Thurens coils on my 98 for 3inches or so of lift? :confused013:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I can tell you is when I put 5"super lift hemi coils on my 01 it only lifted my truck 3 1/2"s but that is all the lift I wanted, They ride nice so I am happy.
:party018:

Yea, just measured my truck and its down 3.25 inches in the front

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
I believe that Thurens Deisel coils will lift Hemi trucks and 2nd Gen Diesels 4"+.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I believe that Thurens Deisel coils will lift Hemi trucks and 3rd Gen Diesels 4"+.
You mean 2nd Gen Diesels? Thurens coil lifted my 3rd Gen Diesel around 3".

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe that Thurens Deisel coils will lift Hemi trucks and 3rd Gen Diesels 4"+.
After doing a bit more research, looks like thuren coils will lift the front of my ram 3.75 which is almost perfect. Carli advertises 3 inches, which wouldent even make it level :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
After doing a bit more research, looks like thuren coils will lift the front of my ram 3.75 which is almost perfect. Carli advertises 3 inches, which wouldent even make it level :thumbsup:
Check with him about the ride as 3rd Gen diesel coils are stiffer than the hemi coils. That is why you get more lift out of them in the first place.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check with him about the ride as 3rd Gen diesel coils are stiffer than the hemi coils. That is why you get more lift out of them in the first place.
Sent you a PM, stiffer ride is not what I'm looking for. :doh:

·
2,246 Posts
Give Don a call. I know a couple guys are running his coils on 2nd Gens and they sit well and are super smooth. His spring rate is pretty soft.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Give Don a call. I know a couple guys are running his coils on 2nd Gens and they sit well and are super smooth. His spring rate is pretty soft.
Do you know if they are softer than stock?

I know this is somewhat off topic and it might be my shocks. But I put a set of 4" lift springs in my wj and the ride isnt "soft" it rides like a 3/4 ton truck. My diesel truck obviously wont ride like a stock wj but just for reference this is what I noticed with replacing coils..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts