Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,
I have the opportunity to buy a 2003 Dodge Cummins 4 door, 4x4, long bed, manual with close to 200k on it. The engine seized up on it and it has sat for about a year. Guy selling it said would let it go for $500. Not sure if it's a standard or high output. I didn't see anything on the drive side of the valve cover and forgot to check the VIN or to see if it was a 5spd or 6spd manual. Just checking opinions on if this is worth it to spend $500 on the truck then find the right guys to put an engine in it and get it up and running, or let it pass. Body is in good condition and I'm not sure about the transmission, suspension or brakes. I know this question truly depends on if I'm willing to drop some cash or not and I'm sitting on the fence so I'd be curious to see if others had this opportunity what they would do. Thank you for your time.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,265 Posts
03 is a common rail engine. Used price for a question mark engine is 2K and up. Install figure another 1K or more depending what else if bad. So you right at the point close to the point you can buy a running truck. So the question you need to ask yourself. Is it going to be worth the head to get this one running?

The next question is why didn't the other owner repair it at that time? No money or he didn't think it was worth repairing due to many other problems he hadn't fixed while he had it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts