Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull my 03 commonrail 5 speed completely apart and build it and was looking for some fueling suggestions and any other good suggestions of breaking 700 hp. I'm waiting till all the parts are here before I tear down but my parts list so far are as follows. South Bend clutch rated to 800 hp, arp studs, Hamilton 188/220 cam, 110# springs, hand ported head and gasket matched exh. ats t4 manifold, Borg s366, Industrial Injection dual fuelers, modded lbz pump, fluidampr, 6.7 delivery tubes, 3.5 in pusher intake. One thing I'm having troubles deciding is what injectors/nozzles I want to run. I'm stuck between 100 hp and 180 hp nozzles from industrial. I don't know if 100's will be enough to get to my goal or the 180's will be to much for the road.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I've seen someone dyno 740 with 100's.

Why would you get a T4 mani and match it to a T3 turbo? I would go for the FMW S467.7 instead.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
740 with 100's on an 03? Are you sure they were not closer to if not 200's?
It was on an '06 and with a T3 64/74/14. But JamesHunter made 785 with 120's and a S467.7 on an '03.

The Borg has a t4 flange. It's from area diesel its a 66/73 .91ar. On their cite they call it an s300.
Ah ok gotcha. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
887 Posts
I broke 700 with the same 66, steed speed, springs, studs, dual stock pumps, 100hp BMS injectors, Valair DD, and UDC tuning. The 66 cleans up the 100's very well, I'd go with the 180's and back them down, it'll be a lot more efficient than stretching out the 100's.

·
White Collar Fabricator
2,259 Posts
The general consensus 6.7 feed tubes are a waste of money at this power level.
And so is a 3.5" intake.

Like everyone else said, 180's are not too big for the street. Its all about tuning. Super easy to reduce smoke and increase performance on the street once you get UDC.

Just for reference, Derek Rose put down 870 something with a 58/71 compound setup... with a stock intake.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
6.7 tubes are the same as new 5.9 tubes through my local outlet and as far as the intake. Pusher sells their 3.5 inch intake with intercooler pipe cheaper that you can buy just the horn from most places.
Pretty sure if you are buying new they all come as 6.7 tubes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm about to pull my 03 commonrail 5 speed completely apart and build it and was looking for some fueling suggestions and any other good suggestions of breaking 700 hp. I'm waiting till all the parts are here before I tear down but my parts list so far are as follows. South Bend clutch rated to 800 hp, arp studs, Hamilton 188/220 cam, 110# springs, hand ported head and gasket matched exh. ats t4 manifold, Borg s366, Industrial Injection dual fuelers, modded lbz pump, fluidampr, 6.7 delivery tubes, 3.5 in pusher intake. One thing I'm having troubles deciding is what injectors/nozzles I want to run. I'm stuck between 100 hp and 180 hp nozzles from industrial. I don't know if 100's will be enough to get to my goal or the 180's will be to much for the road.
Just my .02
Don't get cheap on head studs, do the 625's. Yes to the stiffer springs but porting is not necessary for 700hp on a CR. Industrial Injection is a crap shoot, as stated above, you get what you pay for. There are far better alternatives for the money. Kai Zimmerman, (94ttss on CompD) can hook you up with a very nice dual cp3 kit, complete minus the return lines and second pump, and as an fyi, dual, stock Cummins cp3's will fuel to 900rwhp and beyond.
An aftermarket intake is not needed, I've seen 4 digit numbers on trucks running the stock elbow. Injectors are something else you don't want to skimp on, I'd look into Exergy. 100% overs will be plenty to reach your HP goal, and they make the best CR injector on the market IMHO.
Finally, proper tuning is a must, UDC would be my choice for your year truck. Lavon Miller at Firepunk Diesel has been making some nice power with his tunes, I'd give him a call.
Good luck! :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.