Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddys truck wont start without ether, im guessin cracked injector cause my truck did the same thing before and that was my problem is there any other possibilities?truck runs fine and runs good, but once you shut it off you gotta hit it with the drugs to start it. he has a FASS 150, van aken smart box, 4" MBRP, and afe intake

·
Registered
272 Posts
would you smell fuel pretty good in the engine compartment if you have a cracked injector?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
his truck didnt seem like it had any in the oil and no not in the engine compartment. but when mine were bad i had fuel out the A$$ in my oil

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bad injectors...mine did the same thing(never used either), replaced the injectors and was cured. Been fine eversince. How many miles does he have?

also, i never had any diesel in the oil

·
Registered
141 Posts
ive got the same symptoms here :doh: everythings checked out so far. all thats left is the FCA and Fuel pressure relief valve. I hope i didnt pop it. Does any one have a pic of the relief valve? possible with a cap in it?

·
Registered
141 Posts
StrokerSmoker03- what part of Pa are you in?

·
Registered
41 Posts
ya mine used to do the same thing. never used ether. but it was the injector they have alot of problems with them. but it only does it every once and awile then it does it all the time. you should be able to smell a hint of raw fuel in the exhaust even though it runs good once you get it started.

·
Registered
585 Posts
it is the sticks mine did this at about 200,000 miles..go with the + 50hps, u will love them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
oh ok. Im on the opposite side of the state on I80.

·
Premium Member
27,656 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
so if it is the injectors, is it something nozzles will fix?? or do you have to replace the bodies too??

·
Registered
35 Posts
if the motor is not rolling over fast enough will not billed the fuel press to start to check the relief valve pull the return line and on start up you should have no fuel come out and to check the injectors you block them off one by one till it starts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts