Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 and imy truck didnt come with cab lights and my kits didnt have a template but i have heard a rumor of the early years having the holes marked under the headliner is this true????? any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
no markings under the headliner... just be aware that the MOPAR kit for 3rd gens is NOT CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!! It uses 2nd gen lenses and doesn't place the lights correctly

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've installed two set from the dealer on a 03 and on a 07. I used the template on both and turned out great. I did not see any markings under the liner.

·
On call 24/7
12,570 Posts
Yep, 3rd gen lights should have screws on front and rear and the 2nd gens have them on the sides. I put some on my 03 and I just measure a friends dually to get them "factory correct" because I have seen some hack job cab lights. The 2nd gens have the holes stamped out on the inside of the cab.

Reactions: drunk on diesel

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
Yep, 3rd gen lights should have screws on front and rear and the 2nd gens have them on the sides. I put some on my 03 and I just measure a friends dually to get them "factory correct" because I have seen some hack job cab lights. The 2nd gens have the holes stamped out on the inside of the cab.
that's how you do it if you want it done right! :agree2:

it's a shame that MOPAR couldn't pay somebody a couple hundred bucks to draw up a template and create a part number for a CORRECT 3rd gen kit :rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
why would anyone want to add those?

·
Registered
32 Posts
they may have turned out great, but they didn't turn out factory correct :eek:
I've parked beside trucks that have factory lights and they look the same. I checked any chance I got after the first set.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
yet another double post
This is how you get 8900 post? :rof:hehe:

Wish I would have realized the difference of the 2nd and 3rd gen lights when I put 13 on my dually. My lights required so much silicon to stop the leaks it was unreal :S:

That's why this truck will be cab light free lol

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
I measured a friends third gen. Made my own template from that. Took some tape and taped the lights down side to side and got off the truck and looked for correct placement and evenness. After that, I climbed back on top and put a small drill bit through the hole on the lights and drilled the pilot holes so I knew they would be correct, pulled the lights drilled the holes to correct size and bolted them on. 6 months now, leak free and work like a charm. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts