Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to cummins power so im trying to learn as much as i can..I just bought a 2003 4x4 2500 with a 6 speed it has an airdog 150,cp3 upgrade,dual feed line,smarty tuner,dr performance fuel box,afe intake,5" exhaust..my question is when i roll on the power and stand on it when i decide to shift 2800-3000 ill lift, push in clutch and it keep revving up to 3400 sometimes 3500 why is this?? do all cummins do that is there a secret to shifting i try lifting for a second or 2 before pushing in the clutch and that helps but it kills so much time when your trying to get it up to speed...i dont know much about the cummins yet but it seems like its being fueled a bunch when im on it, then when i lift to shift the fuel pressure is so high that it pumps more to the motor and it revs...anyone have this problem or didnt i get a tempermental cummins:confused013:

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I was reading a thread in the 3rd gen performance section and there is a lot of guys that are having this problem when there is a pump or injector mod with the smarty. What I got from it is the smarty is made for stock fuel systems and with the added fuel you can get what you're seeing. It was on the first page today and it might be still there or on the second. I'm on my phone right now so I can't post the link.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Just went back to that forum and it's called TNT-R run away throttle. There's a lot of posts on it. You can read it to see if you can find your answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts