Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they will fit, but has anyone ever did it and have pictures? We all know the cloth 06 seats stain even from water and was thinking about swapping in some 03-05 tan factory leather ones. I like the design of the 06+ seats better but comfort is lacking. I just don't want the older seats to look out of place. Basically all I'm asking for is some pictures to make sure they will look okay. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Do search on google I found some on there. :)

Leather seats always looks good on any car IMHO.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just installed black leather 05 seats into my 07. Bolted up 90%. I say that because the 05 compartment under the front jump seat needed to be trimmed to clean what I "think" is the air bag computer on the floor... the bottom of the pan is longer on the 05 then the 07, and the 05 driver pwr seat has a 5 wire plug and my 07 has a 7 wire plug.... so I am searching for the FIX for this mis match.

Any one have the solution??

·
Registered
718 Posts
I had an 04 with heated leather and went to my current 06 with heated leather. Never removed the seats but the only dif I really noticed was the color and the 04 seats have nice suede inserts on the seat backs or the front seats. My 06 doesn't.

tersejr: did the 05 you took the seats from have heated seats? If not and your 07 does that may explain the 5 wire/7 wire dif.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had an 04 with heated leather and went to my current 06 with heated leather. Never removed the seats but the only dif I really noticed was the color and the 04 seats have nice suede inserts on the seat backs or the front seats. My 06 doesn't.

tersejr: did the 05 you took the seats from have heated seats? If not and your 07 does that may explain the 5 wire/7 wire dif.

The 05 doesn't have any extra switches or buttons on the side of the seat that my 07 doesn't have. They are both manual lumbar and 6 way drivers seat. Doesn't look to have heat. I was thinking it had something to do with the computer knowing if any one was sitting in the seat for the air bag to go off or not??

I am going to look tomorrow at removing the 05 drivers seat off the 05 driver seat track and installing it on the driver seat track from my 07. That way the plug will work. It was a long day and I installed the whole front seats.... driver, center and passenger seats all together at one time, so I did not have a good look at removing the seats off the tracks and switching them.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The 05 doesn't have any extra switches or buttons on the side of the seat that my 07 doesn't have. They are both manual lumbar and 6 way drivers seat. Doesn't look to have heat. I was thinking it had something to do with the computer knowing if any one was sitting in the seat for the air bag to go off or not??

I am going to look tomorrow at removing the 05 drivers seat off the 05 driver seat track and installing it on the driver seat track from my 07. That way the plug will work. It was a long day and I installed the whole front seats.... driver, center and passenger seats all together at one time, so I did not have a good look at removing the seats off the tracks and switching them.
I don't follow you. How would swapping the seat tracks affect the wiring? I think you plan on using the 07 motors with the 05 upholstry. Don't know if that'll work. You'll have to fiddle with the switches then. Good luck, let us know how it turns out. I would still look into the heated seat notion before you take all that stuff apart.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I bought my 07 new. It has no heated seats. None. No mistake. The 07 has a 7 pin/ wire rectangle plug. The 05 has a 5 pin/ wire square plug.

I think the seat is bolted to a track that the motors operate. Not the track that is bolted to the truck. I was searching last night and found a thread a guy posted that he removed the 05 seat off this track and bolted it on the stock 07 track. That way all the plugs still worked.

Link to said thread...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-non-powertrain/317884-my-06-seat-fix.html

I'm not sure yet, but will be looking into it today after work.

Maybe the motors can just be switched over? Un bolt the motors with wires/ plugs from the 07 seats and switch them onto the 05 leather seats??

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have had both,.. and I found the 06+ leather more comfortable than the 03-05 leather,.. and the opposite for cloth.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have had both,.. and I found the 06+ leather more comfortable than the 03-05 leather,.. and the opposite for cloth.
LoL, that would be my luck

·
Registered
450 Posts
All done. Well quite a few hrs ago I finished, but just now getting time to post pics.

All you need to do is remove the 4 13mm nuts that hold the seats to the frame/ tracks, and there are 6 13mm nuts holding the center jump seat in place. Go figure. Then bolt the 05 seats (or what ever year you choose) on to your existing seat tracks/ bases. Then all your stock plugs will work. I have not pulled the center console power point out to switch them over, as again for some reason the 05 has a 2 wire plug and my 07 runs a 5 wire plug:spank: The side seat buttons use the same connector, so if yours is the same color then you can leave that. Here are some pictures.

You can see the 13mm nuts in these first couple pics...

Here you can see the 7 pin driver seat main plug (no heat)

My old gray seats and what is left of the seat bases/ tracks...

And the 05 black leather sport seats installed in my 07...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts