Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 will not start, it just turns over. It doesn't even attempt to hit. It sounds like there is a fuel shutoff switch not opening. Has anyone ever seen this or know if there is a solenoid that shuts the fuel off. It isn't throwing any codes either.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Is the lift pump working? There is a relay that controls the lift pump that will click. I would suggest checking for fuel pressure. If there is sufficent fuel pressure then i would start by cracking the injector lines and trying to bleed the system. If you don't get any fuel after successive attempts i am willing to bet the injector pump went out. You don't always get codes when they go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lift pump is the HPFP, it is working correctly. I can get the truck so start using ether(I know its not good), and it runs fine. When I shut it off it immediatly won't start, or it will start and run for about 3 seconds and die. When it dies it sounds like it is running out of fuel. I was wondering if it was the vp, but it isn't throwing any codes and it runs fine when I get it started. Surely I am not the first one to see this problem....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts