Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed an afe mega cannon on my truck and when i started it up it threw a cel..after i drove it about 5 minutes i stopped and checked to see what code it threw..it was a 0102..i searched around and it said P0102-mass Air Flow Sensor "a" Circuit Low..anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks

2008 6.7L 1 ton dually 4 door 4x4 automatic patriot blue, front replacement, b&w hitch, bully steps, 7" screen with 2 kicker cvt 10's

·
Registered
497 Posts
had a problem like that after i did mine ... turned it off never had it again

·
Registered
179 Posts
mine also, maybe the computer detected something and threw the code. after 5 driving cycles should go away

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok..thanks to both of yall..if it persists i will let you know..

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
how much louder is the turbo whistle?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The turbo is quite a bit louder and the code went away

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
so that whistle is pretty loud now?

·
Registered
745 Posts
yes the turbo is very audible with the mega cannon...especially with a tbe. I really like te sound!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Once i get my refund check, ill be ordering the code free kit from BADP, and the afe.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Love the whistle.:peelout

·
Registered
102 Posts
does anybody have an issue with the overhead saying service filter after installing the afe. I have the afe with dryfilter and recently after less then 1000 miles keeps telling me it needs serviced.

·
Registered
694 Posts
my mega cannon works great without any problems and with the silencer ring removed this thing singssss!!! sounds great... exhaust break sounds really awesome too with the tbe real loud and deep

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how do you remove the silencer ring on the 6.7?? i had a 5.9 and i removed it, but i thought the 6.7 looked different..

·
Registered
319 Posts
Im with you roo roo1986 I did it on my other 5.9's but from what I hear you have to drill it out on the 6.7's? Im not about that for not getting any real gain from it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah same here..im not real confident in myself to be drilling on my turbo, especially if it doesnt help any

·
Registered
694 Posts
na its not too bad once u get it all out. the hardest part is drilling straight. take the alluminum side of the turbo housing completly off and tap and drill... real simple just be really careful when u take it off and put it back on to not damage ur turbo vanes. but ya once you drill ( not all the way through, just enought for the ring to come out) turn the housing over and there are 3 ribs inside the silincer ring... use a screw driver and tap on them till it comes loose. just dont tap on the same rib too long, hot one pretty good and rotate. you'll feel it come loose

·
Registered
694 Posts
and when i put mine back in, i didnt use and allen screws or anything. just it being pressed in was enough. took it off the other day again and it hadent budged at all. so i think just pressing it back in is fine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts