Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have a 01 24v ram 2500, i have herd of people turning up their fuel pressure. How can i do this on my truck?? Its all stock except for the stacks. It there just a screw like the old ones? Any input would be great thanks guys.
thanks

·
Marble Crusher
1,856 Posts
umm as far as ive ever known you can only do that on the old 12v pumps, as far as the 24v's you can increase fuel pressure by putting an after market fuel pump on (FASS, Airdog, Raptor) And you can increase fueling and timing by chips and programmers.

-Jordan-

·
Registered
583 Posts
Raptor 150 fuel pump and Edge Comp is how I did mine. but there are many other ways.... (brands anyway)

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
first things first. Do you have a fuel press. gauge? If not get one. You are not gonna change a thing by increasing fuel psi if you are already at 10 psi, If your lift pump is weak then you need to get a reliable lift pump before doing other mods. The VP pumps on the 24 valves needs reliable fuel supply (and consistant) to live a long healthy life. The oem lift pumps are the weak link. Get yourself a gauge first, then if you are gonna continue with mods get a Raptor or FASS or equivelent lift pump and then you can go hog wild.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts