Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brand new batteries in my dad's truck twice this week, we've tried everything, what could be the problem?

·
Registered
115 Posts
obviousley you checked the alternator? maybe you have a drain some were maybe a lite or something staying on at night?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
checked all that, can't find anything. Gremlins got us bad

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its normally something little thats overlooked. New cd player? If theyre wired wrong they'll slow drain. Light in your glove box staying on?

·
Registered
23 Posts
It might be the ignition switch not turning off the acc. blower. This happen to me , my switch went bad, left my blower running , Killed my batts. Jump the truck off only to find out , the truck won't charge low batts. If the batts are low it won't charge at all, volts go to 0 and the truck will shut off once the batt is completely dead. Now I have to turn the key off, pull the key halfway out then turn the key forward again, I also turn my blower off just for good measure, until I get it fixed. So check this out.

·
Rescue Tower
10,811 Posts
brand new batteries in my dad's truck twice this week, we've tried everything, what could be the problem?
Checked to see if the grid heaters are staying on????

Clarify what "tried everything" means, because if you did you wouldn't be asking here.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the input guys, turned out to be crap batteries, don't get deka batteries. We ruined two sets this week as well as two other batteries in other vehicles. Got some optima's and everything works great. thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts