Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

01 Cummins 6-Speed Question

834 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  jasonst
I've searched and searched for a general overview sticky on the 2nd Gen Dodge's, but I'm not able to find anything.

I'm just needing to know how I find out whether or not I have a HO.

I apologize for the simple question.

~Jason
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
574 Posts
I've searched and searched for a general overview sticky on the 2nd Gen Dodge's, but I'm not able to find anything.

I'm just needing to know how I find out whether or not I have a HO.

I apologize for the simple question.

~Jason
If your pickup has a 6 speed, then it probably has a HO engine. I'm 99% sure that 2001 and 2002 trucks with the six speed were all H.O. 245 engines. However, I have read on here that some 2000 year model trucks actually can come with a six speed trans and a S.O. 235 hp engine. To tell for sure, you can check the engine data plate on the driver side of the engine, on the side of the gear housing. Standing by the fender facing the engine, it will be facing you. Look to the left of the injector pump. Might be covered in grease, but take a rag and wipe it off and get a flashlight and check it out, it will say 245 H.P. someplace on it if you have the HO motor. If my 2002 truck were not 2 miles away sitting in my barn, I would go take a picture of what you are looking for.. There are probably other ways to identify whether you have the HO or not, like a certain digit in the VIN number will tell you, but I don't know.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thank you for the information. I do appreciate it. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.