Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a friend with the truck in the subject line. He's asking me what he can do to boost mpg. My question is, is the 13MPG normal for that truck, and if not, what can be done to change it?

If it is normal, what sort of mods have proven to increase the MPG?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
mines a dually and I get 20 easy... 100hp injectors seemed to help 1mpg or so the edge ez boosted me from 18 mpg, the intake and straight pipes seemed to help, it's got the 3.53 gears though and is a manual, the tst and turbo did not help me one bit LOL. I just stay out of the throttle and keep it below 1,800 rpms and I can get around 22, but who wants to do that?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, somehow I got this in the 94-98 powertrain, when I should have put it in the 98.5-02. Anyone lend a hand?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mines a dually and I get 20 easy... 100hp injectors seemed to help 1mpg or so the edge ez boosted me from 18 mpg, the intake and straight pipes seemed to help, it's got the 3.53 gears though and is a manual, the tst and turbo did not help me one bit LOL. I just stay out of the throttle and keep it below 1,800 rpms and I can get around 22, but who wants to do that?
Thanks, I'll pass the info along. I've been telling him that there is truth to the power uprates delivering more MPG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts