Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all!! Kinda of a dumb question here. but would my 01, 2500 have pozzy? Havnt done no brake torques yet to find out.. haha but fluid deffinatly needs to be changed as its very,, foamy like... have NOT seen that before... even after truck sits for a day +... so wondering if need to add the friction modifier in with 80w90 or if add in anyways and truck doesnt have limited slip. if it will wreck anything.

thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Pull different cover and look or look in glovebox and see if the posi option is listed.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
or you can just jack up the rear end so both rear tires are off the ground, put truck in neutral, and spin one of the rear tires by hand. if the other rear tire spins the same direction as the tire you are spinning, its limited slip. If the other rear tire spins the opposite direction of the tire you are spinning, its an open diff.

if it looks like both spin same direction, try spinning both opposite of each other at same time...if it fights you, its definitely limited slip. if its easy to do, its open diff or worn out limited slip.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Just do what I do, hammer it as you're going around a turn with a empty bed...if the tail swings out like mine does, then you have limitted slip. If it does not, then you have an open diff. Btw, if you are having trouble with it on dry pavement, just wait til it rains. You will definitely break a limitted slip loose on wet pavement. Sometimes, I break it loose when I don't even try to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.