Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My firend has a 98' mitsubishi eclipse. In my area he is just about the fastest car around. But his car only does 0-60 in about 5.7 seconds, not sure on his qtr mile tho. Personally i think my truck is fast for being stock, and a DPF delete and Edge J/A is on the way. I would love to smoke him. How fast r u guys going 0-60 and in the quarter mile?

·
Registered
190 Posts
My truck does 0-60 in about 7 seconds, but i dont like to launch that hard! would do much better with stock tires! Im gonna say you could hang with him with a juice and mp8!

Fastest around? My car does 0-60 in 1.9 and is street driven! But is closer o 3.5 on the street due to traction. but even at that a stock ZO6 would walk on that:peelout

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, ur truck only does about 7 seconds 0-60? mine does right around 8 and im all stock. i figured it would be faster. what kind o car u got that u say is so fast?

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
when i get a chance im going to see how fast mine is stock the track is about ten miles from my house my street car goes 0-129mph in 10.4 sec.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i want to put money down when i race him so hopefull i will win, I need to know how fast u guys are going and what mods u have done thanks!

·
Registered
740 Posts
race him from a rolling start. with a delete and edge you will smoke him. i dont no bout a dig though if you do a boosted launch in 4wd you prolly could but i dont think its worth it to do that just for little freindly race. cuz its hard on the tranny

·
Registered
102 Posts
0-60 in 1.9 seconds man your not allowed to talk again

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah idk what kind of car he gots but.... thats bookin right there.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My truck smokes the dualls for at least 2 gears and I can only do 0-60 in about 8 seconds. Thats with edge on 5 and dpf delete and straight 5" sidepipes. It feels faster though. I weigh 8600 lbs with full fuel though. I don't know of any stock 6.7 that does 0-60 in 8 stock. Maybe your is not a quad cab 4x4 though.
Garry

·
Registered
179 Posts
i did 0-60 in like 2.somethin in my 6.7mega cab according to the edge program. BUT that was on wet/rainy roads and i only went about 15ft. sure spun them rear tires fast tho :)

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
My truck smokes the dualls for at least 2 gears and I can only do 0-60 in about 8 seconds. Thats with edge on 5 and dpf delete and straight 5" sidepipes. It feels faster though. I weigh 8600 lbs with full fuel though. I don't know of any stock 6.7 that does 0-60 in 8 stock. Maybe your is not a quad cab 4x4 though.
Garry
My truck weighs in the same when I fill the second tank up with fuel. The performance test for 0-60 registered 7.5 seconds when I tried it the first time. The rear tires were squriming a bit searching for tractioin but I have not been able to beat that time even when the tires were hooking up. I am sure that if I did a boosted launch the truck would accelerate quicker...just that the Edge starts counting as soon as you touch the throttle and not when it starts to roll. I need to borrow a G-tec device or head to the local track one day to get some real times down on paper.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you do race your buddy in his car, I would strongly recommend a rolling start. I've had issues with both the stock tires and the oversized with being able to hook up coming off of the line. And boosted launch......did it one time and fishtailed all over the place! My best 1/4 mile time from stand still was about 15.5 at an elevation of around 5200 ft. Haven't been able to measure a good 0-60ft. time due to the lack of traction I mentioned earlier. Good luck! :peelout

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Don't trust any of those timing devices. Only REAL way to tell what you run is on a santioned track. I ran a 15:21 with just an AFE Stage II and only 600 miles on the truck.

Reactions: Anklh

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Don't trust any of those timing devices. Only REAL way to tell what you run is on a santioned track. I ran a 15:21 with just an AFE Stage II and only 600 miles on the truck.

i agree with him!!so honestly who won the Cobra or Cummins?:lol3:
i also got a 04 Procharged Cobra and do those things $hit and Get:peelout!!though i would still drive my Cummins

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
6.1 for the 0-60mph and the slip at the track, elevation here is about 2300ft.
:peelout

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
hey dually, are the tracks down east only 1/8mile??? 15.2 with only a air cleaner seems a little fast for a dually.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Tracks are 1/4 mile. I don't think the Mustang was a Cobra or the guy didn't know how to drive :)

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
And here is a 15.30 run at a different track a week later with less than 1000 miles on it. Trapped at 89 MPH
YouTube - My 08 Dually run

·
Registered
190 Posts
Right, ur truck only does about 7 seconds 0-60? mine does right around 8 and im all stock. i figured it would be faster. what kind o car u got that u say is so fast?

The lift and 37's really hurt my truck so its not alot faster then stock trucks but i still beat them pretty good, my car is a 68 camaro

0-60 in 1.9 seconds man your not allowed to talk again
Not allowed to talk again huh quess you dont know much about drag cars do you. It also goes 135 in 9.96 seconds as well! It is a street car though and only sees the track 2-3 times a year and a couple thousand street miles a year too.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
where are you from yellow?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts