Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What Next?

23K views 414 replies 33 participants last post by  jigabop 
#1 ·
As the thread title eluded, this thread is for planning what we as the WA chapter would like to do next. Feel free to toss out ideas and availabilities and I'll make threads for specific events as it becomes clear what everyone wants to do.

:thumbsup:

#2 ·
Some ideas so far:

Ellensburg meet so East and West can get together

Organizing an early fall dyno day, potentially at TMS

Eastside hangout/BBQ//bonfire/shooting/riding at my house in the Yakima valley

Other eastern WA meet for those in the Spokane area

#4 ·
That'd be awesome Tony. I know there are members in the Spokane area, just don't know too many of them or places to go in the area.

What about everyone else, is there interest in an Ellensburg day meetup for food? Weekend get together at my place? Dyno day?

Would love to do some events before I get busier with harvest again, but I need input from the constituents:thumbsup:

#5 ·
:thumbsup: to all but the spokane part lol

#10 ·
Whenever my house is done it's open for doing an event, just haven't heard much interest recently in doing a weekend BBQ/hangout

#11 ·
I could probably do a ellensburg meet again. Heck I may try a tms dyno day again

#12 ·
August & Sept fairly open for me. October hunting.

Maybe something not specifically diesel-centric for a meet would draw more interest?

Like for instance: Sept. 18-20 Grand Coulee has some kind of Fair thingy that will include a PNW BBQ Competition? BBQ & beer baby! :blues:

I dunno....

#13 ·
Got ahold of TMS and the dyno is not installed yet, so we probably shouldn't count on them being able to do a dyno day this year. Anyone have an in with another place with a dyno?

I know Eric H. was working on trying to get a dyno day at Diamond eye, though that's opposite corner of the state for you westsiders

August & Sept fairly open for me. October hunting.

Maybe something not specifically diesel-centric for a meet would draw more interest?

Like for instance: Sept. 18-20 Grand Coulee has some kind of Fair thingy that will include a PNW BBQ Competition? BBQ & beer baby! :blues:

I dunno....

I probably can't make that one, we'll be in the middle of corn silage season.

There will be beer and BBQ at my house when it is done though :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Where was the dyno day/bbq at last year that was in Spokane? I drove past it doing errands that day. It would be fun to get several people together before the Alligator dyno event in Coeur D'alene. I think it is normally near the middle to end of September...

I like the idea of going somewhere to shoot (as long as shooting gets done before people get hammered:vomit31: )

I would also be up to a little off-road day. I don't know where the trails are all at or which ones are good, but I have some new parts to stretch.

Hint: Carli :$::thumbsup:

#20 ·
If you're in WA, you're a WA member :hehe:

I don't know of dynos in Ellensburg, but we could definitely have a meet n greet there

#17 ·
We could do a camping event. That would be pretty cool. Bring the camper and the family and hang out for two days

#19 ·
I'd be up for that, know any good places/sites where we could have a group of trailers and campers?

#18 ·
I say bring any and all! I have seen 2 month old babies all the way to 80+ grandparents at dyno events. It is for anyone who is interested in watching or participating.

If you live in Washington you are a WA member in my mind, but somebody else might say different...

#21 ·
I know I remember camping at icicle creek near Leavenworth and that was a cool campsite.

#24 ·
That's pretty centrally located too, might be a good area. Definitely very pretty out there.

#25 ·
there's an RV/camp park in Easton I've camped at before. Has full hookups for the campers, and tent spots, etc. pool, showers and bathrooms, etc if you wanted to do camping. I'm not much for camping though lol. I like my bed :)

I'm up for putting holes in inanimate objects at Chris' place, and rototilling his yard with the bike :hehe:

As for dyno day, we 'might' be able to get dynomite diesel to host one, but it won't be as cheap as TMS was, and we will need more than 10 trucks showing up...

#27 · (Edited)
Definitely for my place, camping is probably a little far for them, but they are welcome to come.

there's an RV/camp park in Easton I've camped at before. Has full hookups for the campers, and tent spots, etc. pool, showers and bathrooms, etc if you wanted to do camping. I'm not much for camping though lol. I like my bed :)

I'm up for putting holes in inanimate objects at Chris' place, and rototilling his yard with the bike :hehe:

As for dyno day, we 'might' be able to get dynomite diesel to host one, but it won't be as cheap as TMS was, and we will need more than 10 trucks showing up...

Ya, I'm not doing the tent crap, I'm bringing the 27' trailer :thumbsup:

Some camping and trail riding would be awesome, anyone have a non pedal bike they'd want loan me? :hehe:

Also somewhere with a lake or water would be preferred to go tubing or floating, etc.

#29 ·
Those are the only campgrounds I knew about before others were suggested, though I think rim rock needs to be booked quite a ways in advance

#31 ·
How do folks feel about an Ellensburg meet and greet in a couple weeks? It would be a good opportunity to get together and meet new people and people who haven't been to chapter events before. It would also be a great opportunity to discuss more involved meets, such as camping, BBQs, and Dyno days. Attendance at Ellensburg would also be a good gauge of interest in future events

#33 ·
How about July 25th or August 8th?
The 25th is coming up quick, so that might be too short of notice. What is everyone else's availability?

#35 ·
I'll make a thread for an August 7th Ellensburg meet tonight, unless someone chimes in this afternoon and says that date is no bueno :thumbsup:

#36 ·
#37 ·
#38 ·
#39 ·
Hopefully I will be able to make it to one of these sometime. They keep falling in the middle of my 2 weeks of work, I work in Alaska 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. The wife, baby and I are fixing to move to Moses Lake in a week. Hopefully there will be something I can make it to in the near future!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.