Late Gen4 dually wheels fit Gen 3? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Late Gen4 dually wheels fit Gen 3?

Can anyone tell me if a set of late gen 4 metric stud Alcoas and steels will fit on a Gen 3 3500 dually? I'd bet the "offsets" don't have any meaning for a dually since they're all going to have more or less the same center stack mount-up plane, but is the hub pilot bore the same? Will the 9/16" studs fit into the M14 holes OK? I found one reference stating that the 120.9 mm hub bore is the same, but that same source tells me the 2016 wheels are for 9/16" studs, and they ain't -- they're M14.

Sure, the overall diameter is going to be 1" larger... but I can't imagine that's going to be an issue, especially with a mild lift.

2016 3500 LL CC LB 4x4 CTD DRW Delmonico red. BDS 3" truss radius arms & 3" coils w/double Fox 2.0s. Synergy drag link & tie rod. Dual stabilizers.
Carli track bar. Carli torsion anti-sway. Synergy steering box stabilizer. Rear 2" blocks. Weldcraft 17x8 custom steel duallies w/Mickey Thompson 295/70-17 ATXP3s.
AEV axle covers. AEV vented hood. Luverne polished stainless steel boards. Bakflip MX4 hard cover. Bushwacker max coverage flares.
B-pillar vinyl delete. Mopar door chrome. Areion semi-truck flap mounts. Steelcraft polished stainless light guards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Cummins Nut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricPeterson View Post
Can anyone tell me if a set of late gen 4 metric stud Alcoas and steels will fit on a Gen 3 3500 dually? I'd bet the "offsets" don't have any meaning for a dually since they're all going to have more or less the same center stack mount-up plane, but is the hub pilot bore the same? Will the 9/16" studs fit into the M14 holes OK? I found one reference stating that the 120.9 mm hub bore is the same, but that same source tells me the 2016 wheels are for 9/16" studs, and they ain't -- they're M14.

Sure, the overall diameter is going to be 1" larger... but I can't imagine that's going to be an issue, especially with a mild lift.
I'm running 4th Gen dually Alcoa wheels on my 2005 Gen 3 dually wrapped with 35" toyo CT's and 2" spacer in the rear. Everything fits fine however the thickness of the aluminum wheels are thicker than stock on the 3rd gen. What I mean is when you torque the lugnuts there is barely any thread sticking out of the nut. The factory studs on the 3rd gen are a little shorter but I've been driving with them for over 10k kms and they are still good to go.

Also, Im running steel inner wheels in the rear with a 2" spacer in between. Same thing there are no threads showing through the lug nuts. If you are running all aluminum in the rears I feel you wont have enough stud! Keep that in mind.

2005 Red Sport Laramie 3500 Dually QCLB NV5600
2004.5 Red Sport Laramie 2500 QCSB 48re
RIP 2003 Red Sport Laramie 2500 QCSB NV5600
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Thanks! The stock late gen 4 rear pack is Alcoa outside, steel inside... so no issues.

2016 3500 LL CC LB 4x4 CTD DRW Delmonico red. BDS 3" truss radius arms & 3" coils w/double Fox 2.0s. Synergy drag link & tie rod. Dual stabilizers.
Carli track bar. Carli torsion anti-sway. Synergy steering box stabilizer. Rear 2" blocks. Weldcraft 17x8 custom steel duallies w/Mickey Thompson 295/70-17 ATXP3s.
AEV axle covers. AEV vented hood. Luverne polished stainless steel boards. Bakflip MX4 hard cover. Bushwacker max coverage flares.
B-pillar vinyl delete. Mopar door chrome. Areion semi-truck flap mounts. Steelcraft polished stainless light guards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode