Toyo Open Country M/T 295/70/17R Review - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Toyo Open Country M/T 295/70/17R Review

I just picked up a set of these since I am a SRW hauling a heavy truck camper and go boondocking quite often. I needed the high weigh capacity as well as confidence to not get flats out in the sticks.

These tires are ridiculously beefy. They may be the toughest and heaviest tire I have run. Sitting next to the BFG AT KO the sidewall is insanely stiffer. They ride nice, however do produce some road noise. They arent too bad until you hit around 85 mph, which probably isnt the best idea to do on these tires. I have no doubt they will haul this camper around much better than the BFG's. They have no mushy swaying feeling whatsoever which is rare for an M/T. I will post a further review as they wear down.

2004.5 Cummins, stock tune,5" turbo back exhaust, BW T4 turbo, Turbosmart WG, ARP Studs,built 48RE, BD flowmax lift pump and sump with h2o separator,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Cummins Nut

Dsldude, been running these tire for about 200k miles (5th set) been really happy with it, the noise is going to mellow down a bit after 3k-4k miles from brand new. I ran 45psi in the front and 40 in the back. Wears out perfectly for what i use it for. My trucks weighs 5,250 lbs front and 3,500 rear a total of 8,750.

2008 Ram 2500 6.7L Laramie Fully Deleted,Ananchy EFI Live(CSP5) and TCM Tune,5" MBRP,Edge CTS,Carli (BJ,TB,CA,SB and Tune Fox Shocks),FS Airbags,AFE Trans/Diff covers,S&B CAI w/Scoop,Fass 150,Beans Sump,Fleece CBP,ARP 425,Bosch 65hp,Amsoil OBP,AMP Research,Redhead Box,GDP Pro WG,Banks IC/AH,Tater 63/67,BD Exh Man,
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Diesel Head

Those are some pretty beefy tires. If I ran more off-road I would seriously consider them. I've been running various AT's in hopes of a little better (and quieter) ride and a few more miles. Still, I love the look of a good set of MT's.

05 Ram 3500, SLT Bighorn, SB QC, Dynamic Stage 3 48RE, triple disc, billet input, S&B CAI, FASS Titanium, Smarty Jr., New stock Bosch injectors, Edge CTS, Hushpower/Magnaflow 4 inch, FTE Resonator, Bilstein 5100's, Redhead Steering, Truxedo, Linex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeorders View Post
Dsldude, been running these tire for about 200k miles (5th set) been really happy with it, the noise is going to mellow down a bit after 3k-4k miles from brand new. I ran 45psi in the front and 40 in the back. Wears out perfectly for what i use it for. My trucks weighs 5,250 lbs front and 3,500 rear a total of 8,750.
Wow that's low psi. Good to know. Im at 55 and 45. Ill crank to 80 when hauling the camper and motos around. How many miles are you getting out of them at that psi?

2004.5 Cummins, stock tune,5" turbo back exhaust, BW T4 turbo, Turbosmart WG, ARP Studs,built 48RE, BD flowmax lift pump and sump with h2o separator,
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSWA View Post
Those are some pretty beefy tires. If I ran more off-road I would seriously consider them. I've been running various AT's in hopes of a little better (and quieter) ride and a few more miles. Still, I love the look of a good set of MT's.
I wish I could get by on a street tire honestly. I am in the snow and in nasty terrain too often. Getting a flat with a camper and dual moto hitch hauler would make for a really bad day though.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsldude View Post
Wow that's low psi. Good to know. Im at 55 and 45. Ill crank to 80 when hauling the camper and motos around. How many miles are you getting out of them at that psi?
The tires average around 45k to 50k miles for me, its my DD and when i pull my travel trailer i just air up the back to 55. it rides softer for me at 45/40 without a load.

2008 Ram 2500 6.7L Laramie Fully Deleted,Ananchy EFI Live(CSP5) and TCM Tune,5" MBRP,Edge CTS,Carli (BJ,TB,CA,SB and Tune Fox Shocks),FS Airbags,AFE Trans/Diff covers,S&B CAI w/Scoop,Fass 150,Beans Sump,Fleece CBP,ARP 425,Bosch 65hp,Amsoil OBP,AMP Research,Redhead Box,GDP Pro WG,Banks IC/AH,Tater 63/67,BD Exh Man,
The Following User Says Thank You to jakeorders For This Useful Post:
dsldude (01-10-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode