Best snow tire in 33x12.50 ? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Best snow tire in 33x12.50 ?

Looking for real good snows snows for my winter set up , on oem alloy wheels with 33x12. 50 sizing ( my truck has 6" lift and I run 35's usually )

Thanks !

SOLD My 2001 and 2005 .
SOLD 2004.5 Sons mod truck
2006 Sons Truck and 1994 12 valve soot machine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
When I had my old super duty I had mud grapplers and nice rims. The grapplers dig great in deep snow but not so well in a little. I bought a junk set of rims and a set of Yokohama Geolandar I/Ts and I was as happy as a squirrel in a nut factory. I believe the size I has was 315/75R16
Link for a quick visual YokohamaGeolandar I/T G072

John
Tater 67/67, RevMax 850, 4:10s, EFI Live
The Following User Says Thank You to MUDRUNNER408 For This Useful Post:
24hrsparkey (10-07-2016)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 08:30 PM
Ox1
Cummins Fan

I am all in on BFG's All Terrains (sp?) and have been running them on all vehicles for the last 25 yrs, or at least until she bought an Acura last year. (4wd of course tho!)

I went through a season with no 4wd and didn't know it! It came loose 2wice while passing a string of trailers on the 4 lane and couldn't believe it as that has never happened before, and come next summer I realized while backing my gooseneck around on the dry driveway that the front end was NOT hopping. The vacuum cyl (?) had died, and wouldn't engage the axle half.

Another similar story, bought a truck many yrs ago with hwy tires on it (4wd with Arizona tires?) but they were new, so what doo you doo? Gotta burn'm off eh? The truck was an ice skate! When finally switched to new BFG A/T's it was MUCH better in 2wd than it ever was in 4wd!\

I love'm! ... and I need to fetch 6 new ones in the next cpl weeks too. OUCH!
But I have been burning up the search engines trying to find a spare set of rims for the '06, and if someone has some, they sure are proud of them! I missed a set for $250 a cpl weeks ago. I guess I'll dismount the old tires and try to find a set over the winter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Always loved the BFG AT's in the snow and ice. But now run the Goodyear Duratracs on the truck in the winter, and full time for the Jeep. A lot of tires work good in the snow, but when it comes to compact snow and ice, the Duratracs are the best tire for me, IMO. Have not been impressed with any MT style tires for compact snow/ice conditions. I live in the wet side of Washington and am an avid snowmobiler in the mountains, so I have logged a lot of miles driving through the Cascades for the last 35 years, in the winter with different vehicles and many different tires, and usually towing something.

'03 3500 SRW QC Laramie LB, Smarty S-06 W/TNT, DDP 90's, ED 63/68/14, Arson III, DTT Trans, Goerend TC, 4" exh, AFE Int, Walbro Fuel Pump, Gauges (fuel, boost, pyro, trans temp, rail), 4.10's, Thuren 3" springs & TB, BOD control arms
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 05:52 AM
Diesel Head

Best snows for highway, ice, wet snow are dedicated snow tires.
Next best thing is sipe your favorite tire.
I just put a set of solid tread block firestone MTs. Would think they'd kind of suck on packed snow. I have the center tread blocks siped. Runs like a real snow tire on the greesy WA snow and ice.

07 5.9 Mega, G56, SB Single disk Ceramic clutch, OE 1 piece Al driveshaft, 60hp Industrial injectors, Triple dog, Glacier 2mic filter, BD exhaust brake, ATI Super Damper, BD steering brace, Firestone bags, Big Wig swaybar, 4th Gen 20s and some home made Stableloads.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Best snow tire in 33x12.50 ?

You have 17's? I run Nokian Hakkapellita LT2's on my truck in 285/70/17. Not quite 33" and not 12.5 wide but.... great dedicated snow and ice tire. Drives very controlled. Stops on a dime.

They also have 315/70/17

Mega Crap. EFI By Altered Diesel Wurks.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 12:40 AM
Diesel Freak

Toyo open country at2s are pretty good in deep snow and in slush. Got about 3.5 feet in one dump last year and made it up my buddies driveway (not plowed, obviously) and I barely spun a tire. Pretty good in packed snow, but does slip with throttle. I have no weight in the back at all, but once up to speed I can go normal speeds where others are going 40 and below.

2004.5 QCSB-NV5600-AFE CAI-MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust-bilstein 5100 shocks-08.5 steering "upgrade"-smarty touch lvl 9-33" Toyo open Country at2's fuel maverick 20x12- thuren 2" leveling coils-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode