Looking for Someone to do a 48RE to G56 Swap - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
View Poll Results: Which trans do you prefer? The NV5600, the G56, or the Automatic?
NV5600 9 47.37%
G56 6 31.58%
Automatic 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Looking for Someone to do a 48RE to G56 Swap

I am looking for someone, who knows what they are doing, to swap my truck from the 48RE to a G56. My truck is an 06, and already has the floor console. I would attempt to do the swap myself, but when I just don't have the time to, due to so many other things going on. I am located in Gallatin, TN, about 30 minutes northeast of Nashville. I don't have a G56 to go in the truck yet, but I'm trying to find out how much it's going to cost me to have it done, before I go ahead and decide to do it.

Also, is there anybody selling a G56, with the clutch pedal assembly, and a good clutch? I would trade my auto to someone, but my auto currently has an undiagnosed problem, at the moment. I'm leaning towards thinking that it is a solenoid issue, though. Although, it could be something else, since I haven't had the trans taken out of the truck, yet, so the issue could be fully diagnosed.

Thanks in advance for the help!

06 2500 CCSB 4-inch Exhaust, K&N CAI, Autometer Phantom Gauges, 8k 55w HID's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 03:43 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

a stick.

Luke
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, it would be cheaper to do a built auto. I use my Cummins to tow a lot, though, and I prefer having the stick to tow with. I have a built 03 Duramax with a PPE stage 6 in it, if I wanna have fun with an auto. Plus, I've already had the auto replaced twice under warranty, and now it's gone out again, but it's no longer under warranty, so I'm ready to go in a different direction with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Bump.

I'm still looking for someone to do this with. Preferably somewhere in, or around middle TN. I'm located just outside of Gallatin, about 35-40 minutes northeast of Nashville. The 48RE is currently still in my truck, but could be removed pretty easily. The only issue with the 48RE is that one of the solenoids is bad, or maybe something to do with the valve body. The issue it causes is that the truck seems to just be in neutral when you shift it into gear, but it'll sort of her every now and then like it wants to go into gear and move, but then it goes back to how it was, and acts like it's in neutral again. It does it no matter what gear your in, reverse, drive, 2nd, & 1st. I've also tried putting it into 4WD to see if that made a difference, but it acted the same way in or out of 4WD.

Thanks in advance,
JaySmo

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

06 2500 CCSB 4-inch Exhaust, K&N CAI, Autometer Phantom Gauges, 8k 55w HID's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode