Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Car seat recommendations

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  El Pozzinator 
#1 ·
Hey all!

Need to upgrade my little one's infant car seat since she's reaching the length max. She's 17 months.
We're looking for either a 2in1 or 3in1 car seat. Child/booster or infant/child/booster.
Any suggestions would be fantastic!

Thanks!

#2 ·
huge fan of recaro seats. they're adjustable at the head restraint, shoulder belt height, and have slots to adjust the depth of the center buckle from the backrest for the 5-point harness. used them for both my kids between the infant carrier and the booster seat - and if i end up cursed with a third, it'll be in one as well.

welcome to the forum!

#3 ·
After considerable research, we put Maxi Cosi Pria 85 car seats in our cars and my stepdaughter's car for the grandson. Supposed to be the safest seats out there. Very robust. Easy to tear down and throw the whole pad assembly in the washing machine.

#5 ·
Brand is irrelevant. Get the seat that best fits the child and vehicle and that you can install correctly every time. At that age the child should still be rear facing. Many convertibles allow rear facing to 40lbs.

www.safekids.org

#6 ·
addendum to my previous: Recaro has left the car seat game. they've recalled all their remaining retail stock (or if they haven't it's just sold out over the last 2 years) and ceased production. no idea why.

wife got rear ended, so we went looking a few months back to replace my 3yo's car seat and 9yo's booster. ended up with a Britax grow with you 3-layer for the 3yo and a Britax backless booster for the 9yo. they are both nice, heavy, and solidly built. removable covers, latch anchors on the booster, cupholders and snack trays on both, armrests on both (they're more like hip locators on the booster).

little bougie on the prices, but they're my kids and the other driver's insurance was replacing our also very expensive Recaro stuff anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.