Tech Bulletin - A Leading Cause of Vibration per Toyo - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 5Likes
  • 3 Post By Doozy
  • 1 Post By KYBigHorn
  • 1 Post By Jimmy N.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Tech Bulletin - A Leading Cause of Vibration per Toyo

https://www.toyotires.com/media/1492...n_complain.pdf

Excerpts:
"Toyo recently completed a test of four tire brands, including Toyo, revealing that tire slip on wheels is a major cause of vibration leading to customer complaints after mounting new tires and wheels.

"The main cause of tire/wheel slip is excessive use of tire lubricant (shown on the right) on the tire beads and rim. Excessive lubricant reduces friction between the tire bead and the wheel, allowing the tire to slip within hours of mounting...

"Toyo believes that tire/rim slip from over- lubrication and its affect on balance is one of the major causes of customer complaints for ride vibration on new tire and wheel assemblies."

This info is not new, but posting, betting many of you aren't aware; If this has been posted before, I apologize; I can't properly search messages with my work's firewall!

brooklyn 12, hseII and Jimmy N. like this.

'04.5 2500 HO 4x4; 48RE (3.73); Quad-cab; 163K; 315/70 BFG KO2; Quadzilla chip (MPG-saver); AFe cold air intake; Magnaflow cat; 2.5" level, Bilstein shocks; Mopar T-style steering with Bilstein damper; Borgeson shaft; poly bushings on track and sway bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
https://www.toyotires.com/media/1492...n_complain.pdf

Excerpts:
"Toyo recently completed a test of four tire brands, including Toyo, revealing that tire slip on wheels is a major cause of vibration leading to customer complaints after mounting new tires and wheels.

"The main cause of tire/wheel slip is excessive use of tire lubricant (shown on the right) on the tire beads and rim. Excessive lubricant reduces friction between the tire bead and the wheel, allowing the tire to slip within hours of mounting...

"Toyo believes that tire/rim slip from over- lubrication and its affect on balance is one of the major causes of customer complaints for ride vibration on new tire and wheel assemblies."

This info is not new, but posting, betting many of you aren't aware; If this has been posted before, I apologize; I can't properly search messages with my work's firewall!
Thank you for sharing sir! Definitely not something most people including myself would not think about lol.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20

See what we are up to on:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Or Email us at:

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:15 PM

Next set of tires you get mark the tire/wheel see if they move. IE: A grease mark at on the tire at the valve stem. From my sportsman drag racing days and marking tires I personally find it hard to believe it could be a major cause of vibration as it seldom happened too me on the strip but who knows?
Doozy likes this.

-------------------------------------------------------
2013 Ram 2500 BigHorn - Black - 6.7l Cummins - Bone Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:41 PM
Diesel Head

Not because of excessive lube, but low tire pressures, the rears of my Jeep could rotate maybe 40 degrees on the wheel during a weekend.
I permanently marked marked the tires with a grinder relative to the valve stems to keep track of the movement.

With the torque of our Rams' engines, combined with over use of lube (or the wrong kind), I can see it happening.
Doozy likes this.

Maybe if we start telling people that the brain is an app, they will start using it?

'14 1500 V6, '17 3500 C&C, plus a '17 2500 in the household.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode