Hamilton/Burlington/Oakville - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I need a new turbo and possibly an intercooler. I'll check both of those places out.

1995 Ram 2500 5.9L Automatic SOLD
2004 Ram 3500 5.9L Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Cummins Nut

Industry Diesel is in Oakville, may want to check them out, They do rebuilds but do not do the installation. Turbochargers - Industry Diesel

1998 12V 4x4 w/ 5speed 2500 Extended Cab 4" Gale Banks Exhaust otherwise Stock (that I know of)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 06:35 PM

'11 Quad 4.7

I' m in Dundas ....ripped out plastic and add spray in liner,I install Roll-Ex "BAK" tonneau !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFOM View Post
I need a new turbo and possibly an intercooler. I'll check both of those places out.
I'm probably getting the s467 from BD diesel when money allows.

2003 QCSB cummins, DDP 12mm CP3 and 150% overs, a turbo, Firepunk Diesel 48re, my momma said I couldn't handle the v8 so I bought a cummins instead
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Hey guys! I'm from Oakville. Purchased my 2015 dually last summer with 60k on it. I'm at 78k now and I just noticed that my rear differential drips a bit and also CEL came up last night. I have extended 100k warranty on this truck and I'm hoping that these issues will be covered by the dealership. Now there are quite a few dealerships in the area where I could take my truck too, Im just not sure which one to go with as I was told that its really hard to find a knowledgeable diesel mechanic at these dealership shops. Could anyone share their experience with cummins mechanics at the dealership in the area? I also don't mind to travel an extra mile in order to receive a professional service. Thanks in advance guys!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Most of us never take our trucks to the dealership. I'd do some checking around here for your CEL, get the code pulled and see what's what.

Sorry, not much use. I'll take a look at it for you if you want LOL... you don't even have to travel far!

2006 RAM 3500 DRW 6 speed 4WD QCLB: unit bearing delete, metric delete, all tow no go.
1991 W350 SRW auto 4WD RCLB: Fleetjunk delete, Garmon trans, NASTRUCK
Just say no to metric Daimler-Fiat
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. I've never took any of my trucks to the dealership myself before, the only reason why I'm considering doing so now is because of the extended warranty on this truck that has been purchased by the original owner, so I can only assume that whatever the issue is with CEL and the differentials, it all can be fixed for no cost to me till I hit 100 clicks.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I'll pull the code for free* if you want, checking the leaky diff in this weather might cost you a medium black at Horton's though hahah. At least knowing the code you could go into any dealer near you forearmed and a lot less likely to get BS'd

*Free as in no money. I reserve the right to check out your truck and ogle at all the fancy stuff you have that I don't

2006 RAM 3500 DRW 6 speed 4WD QCLB: unit bearing delete, metric delete, all tow no go.
1991 W350 SRW auto 4WD RCLB: Fleetjunk delete, Garmon trans, NASTRUCK
Just say no to metric Daimler-Fiat
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 09:08 PM
Cummins Nut

Lockwood Chrysler (now South Oakville Fiat etc.) use to have a decent diesel mechanic according to my neighbour, but never needed to try them out and now the truck is with my son up in Ingersoll.
If your leak is the front pinion seal, it maybe a clogged axle vent hose, happened to my sons 2500, once he cleared it out stopped dripping. It was probably building pressure and this was the weakest point.

1998 12V 4x4 w/ 5speed 2500 Extended Cab 4" Gale Banks Exhaust otherwise Stock (that I know of)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode