68rfe! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
68rfe!

Just wondering if there is anybody close to or in Fargo hat has an aftermarket 68rfe transmission. Was hoping to get a chance to get a ride in a couple before I make that expensive of a leap and regret not getting a different manufacturer later. Thanks for the help and hope to hear from a few of you.

2011 2500 Laramie Longhorn Megacab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
i dont have a direct answer for you, but i know bell transmission in bismarck knows their fair share about 3/4 and 1 ton diesel transmissions. my buddy's torque convertor went out on his duramax about a month ago, and he had them build the TC as well as the allison. they said it was good to 1400 ft/lbs and it cost him $2500. (he removed and re-installed the tranny and TC so that labor was not factored in)

i told him to ask the guy building it what he can do with the new dodge 68 transmissions and he said the sky is the limit.....just depends on how far you want to reach in your wallet. so before spending 6 grand on a complete new tranny, i would give them a call and see what they say.

2012 2500|Mini Maxx|Double R Tuned|5'' FloPro|D!ck Cepek GunMetal 7's|295/60/20 Toyo AT II|Thuren 2'' springs|TDK bumper|Firestone bags & Wireless Air Command|Bushwacker flares|Duraflaps|Go-Rhino steps|Lorado tonneau cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode