iTrader Score: 0 reviews
She proclaimed it on Snapchat, brah

2006 Reg Cab, 3/4ton, 4x4, auto 644hp/1170tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #626 of 630 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 02:56 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Anyone in the Southington Plainville area that works with/for a dealer that can help out a fellow member with some canbus scantool work? I Have a flood truck im working on bringing back to life and none of the dealers want to touch it. Cold beer and cash as payment.

2017 3500 Crew Cab Laramie Blue Streak Pearl
2004.5 2500 Quad Cab SLT Flame Red
2002 3500 Dually Reg Cab Flat Bed Gas Job (360)
post #627 of 630 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarimoe View Post
Anyone in the Southington Plainville area that works with/for a dealer that can help out a fellow member with some canbus scantool work? I Have a flood truck im working on bringing back to life and none of the dealers want to touch it. Cold beer and cash as payment.
The guys at Crowley in Bristol are actually pretty cool guys.
I wouldn't talk to the service managers though.

If you talk to Denny at the parts counter, he used to own one bad 1st gen and is great to talk to and offers advice. And then Jerry who actually works in service is pretty flexible and knowledgeable too. Neither guy is your stereotypical 'stealership' bro abd don't mind talking about things light deletes and trans swaps etc

07.5 Anarchy, G56 swap SB3250, GDP plenum, horn & heater TV, lines and filters Everything Carli Front & Rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #628 of 630 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 09:22 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by solerpwr07 View Post
The guys at Crowley in Bristol are actually pretty cool guys.
I wouldn't talk to the service managers though.

If you talk to Denny at the parts counter, he used to own one bad 1st gen and is great to talk to and offers advice. And then Jerry who actually works in service is pretty flexible and knowledgeable too. Neither guy is your stereotypical 'stealership' bro abd don't mind talking about things light deletes and trans swaps etc
Crowley is actually the original dealer that i brought the truck to lol (its literally like 5 miles from my shop). the service manager i think his name was jim was a and basically wanted the truck out of there as fast as possible. do you know the tech personally? id love to get a tech to actually come out with a scan tool so i can pick his brain alittle. programming the modules to all "talk" to each other is the biggest thing. i dont want to keep fixing new issues and towing the truck to the dealer to have them say ok you got 5% closer but have to replace this aswell and do it all over again.

2017 3500 Crew Cab Laramie Blue Streak Pearl
2004.5 2500 Quad Cab SLT Flame Red
2002 3500 Dually Reg Cab Flat Bed Gas Job (360)
post #629 of 630 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 08:44 AM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarimoe View Post
Crowley is actually the original dealer that i brought the truck to lol (its literally like 5 miles from my shop). the service manager i think his name was jim was a and basically wanted the truck out of there as fast as possible. do you know the tech personally? id love to get a tech to actually come out with a scan tool so i can pick his brain alittle. programming the modules to all "talk" to each other is the biggest thing. i dont want to keep fixing new issues and towing the truck to the dealer to have them say ok you got 5% closer but have to replace this aswell and do it all over again.
eh not really, If I saw them out, they'd recognize me and say hi, but Im not grabbin beers with the them on the weekend.

Another thing you can try is talking to local tuners. For example ACR performance in Danbury can access alot of things in the truck, and they have contacts at dealerships. On my 3rd gen they can access the tipm, canbus, ecm, etc.

07.5 Anarchy, G56 swap SB3250, GDP plenum, horn & heater TV, lines and filters Everything Carli Front & Rear
post #630 of 630 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 03:13 PM
Cummins Nut

Hey
I'm looking to correct the speedometer on my 07.5. I sold the minimax years ago and my speedo has been a few mph higher then actual since. I also have 35s now.

If any one has a smarty or something that writes to the abs, would you let me correct the tire size? It wouldnt take long, could even just do it in a parking lot. Any help would be appreciated..
I'm in Newtown but work in Plainville. I'd be open to driving out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode