Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Hut
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Montana BS thread

Rules for Entering MONTANA

1. Pull up your droopy pants. You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road". I drive a pickup truck because I need to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. They are horses, cattle, saw mills & oil wells. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like jobs to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-90 and I-94 go East and West, I-15 goes North and South. Pick one.

4. So you have a $60,000 dollar car. We're impressed. We have quarter-million dollar, air conditioned tractors that we drive 3 weeks a year.

5. So every person, in every pickup truck, waves. It's called being friendly, try to understand the concept.

6. If that cell phone rings while a flock of geese is coming in, we will shoot the phone out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear.

7. Yeah, we eat walleye & rainbow trout. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday, held the closest Sunday to the first of November.

9. In Montana, it is not trendy and is considered very, very unsafe to criticize the USA. God bless John Wayne, Elvis Presley, Audie Murphy, Cary Grant, Charlton Heston, and Jimmy Stewart but the rest of Hollywood is not welcome here.

10. No, there is not a "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey

11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Alpine Touch.

12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, & served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

13. High School Football is as important here as the Vikings and the Seattle Seahawks -- And more fun to watch.

14. Colleges? Try Montana State or the University of Montana. They come out of there with an education--Plus a love for God and country.

15. We have a higher percentage of folks in the Navy, Army, Marines, & Air Force than any other state, so "Don't Mess with Montana." If you do, it will get your backend kicked.

16. Many of us are loggers, mill workers, ranchers & miners. For well over a century, we have helped supply beef for your tables, metals for cars, coal for electricity, wood for your homes & paper to wipe your sissyselves. Don't come here and tell us to stop working so you can re-make the whole State into your own no-hunting park.

17. Remember, you came here because Montana is different. It wil be kept that way. We don't need or want more shopping malls, housing developments or juice bars.

18. Don't try to use your imported money to re-make Montana into the image of where you just left. If you feel this need, go back home. And yes we do hate you for buying up all of our lake-front properties.

19. Above all, if you are a lawyer or anti-gun nut, just stay away. We are very aware of the fact that attorneys have created a major industry, out of lawsuits & babying criminals with guns. We are hunters and responsible gun lovers.

20. P.S.--Grizzlies are eagerly encouraged to eat out-of-staters.

2006 2500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4 LWB AT 3.73 Made in U.S.A. 1/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
intake,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Magnaflow S.S. 5",

IBEW Tramp Wireman

Last edited by Hut; 01-13-2009 at 04:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hut For This Useful Post:
ZOP (08-03-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Cummins Fan

lol Hut.

21. If you don't like the customs and cultures of Montana, park at the border and walk in.

Jon
2004.5 2500 NV5600 CTD HO sans Silencer Ring, 2" leveler, Triple Dog w/outlook & Crazy Larry.

Last edited by CI2019; 05-11-2007 at 02:50 PM.
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 02:43 PM
SuperDuperMod

can we extend that down here to wyoming to?

02 2500 slt 4x4,auto,icebox cai,silencer ring mia, Quad xzt+,jhook, Pinnacle 4" turbo back exhaust,westach elec fuel guage, isspro transtemp,boost,egt guages in pillar, line x in bed, runnin stanadyne. [url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Hut
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmchief View Post
can we extend that down here to wyoming to?
Hey man the state of Wyoming is your home; who am I to say? If I were you guys I would though.

2006 2500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4 LWB AT 3.73 Made in U.S.A. 1/06

intake,
, Magnaflow S.S. 5",

IBEW Tramp Wireman
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Right on the money,especially #1

Excellent,well thought-out post. Hopefully,Jane Fonda,her husband,and other Hollywood types will not spoil your paradise.

'07 2500 SLT,5.9,Regcab.,G-56,4wd,Northstar TC800 popup 24/7. SBC OKHD. Dynatrac freespins and bj's. Synergy HD steering. Suspension mutt courtesy of Kore, Carli and Thuren.
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Hut,
The only changes/additions I would make are as follows:

2. Most of them are "gravel roads", but when you get way out west in the state, you have a lot of miles of just plain old "dirt" (why the hell they didn't gravel them, I don't know).

14. Go Cats!

15. Army "Strong" (3 years) Air Force "Smart" (16 years)

17. Montana's not different, it's home.

19. Amen!:thumbsup

Born and raised in Libby, MT, now at home in Great Falls.

SEEYA KEV
"Flame Red" 2005 Ram 2500 SLT 4X4 QC, SWB, 3.73s LS, auto, 285/70-17 Cooper Discoverer ATR, "bone stock" drivetrain NRA LIFE MEMBER

post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 01:23 AM

i agree with everything said here. i'm out of state right now in a apprenticeship(lineman), but hope to make it back and be able to afford a house and some property now that everything is out of control. it seems like a lot of things have changed since i was a kid.
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Nice Hut! Way to kick some A$$!!

Billings Mt. Home of the Dirtymax!! 9.46 149MPH
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Cummins Fanatic

I wish Kulleeforneeya was still in America like Montana is.

'05HO3500qc/sb4xauto4.10icebox/EAAU4091filter/toob/silencer:MIA 5"pipe w/dynaflex+6"tip edgejuiceattitude+gauges/striker2: Now go put on the helmet.
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
English optional.

You've got to love it here in SoCal when using the ATM it asks you to indicate "language of preference". I can see Spanish language speakers punching their language in but it burns my butt to have to punch English in. More liberal p.c. stuff. The only ATM in San Diego that doesn't offer Spanish is on the military base in Pt.Loma.

'07 2500 SLT,5.9,Regcab.,G-56,4wd,Northstar TC800 popup 24/7. SBC OKHD. Dynatrac freespins and bj's. Synergy HD steering. Suspension mutt courtesy of Kore, Carli and Thuren.
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Cummins Whisperer

Leave a light on for me, I'm movin' to Montana...:thumbsup

I'm assuming there's a hose to wash the dust off of my truck...

2011 QCSB, Mineral Gray
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Diesel Freak

I think Alabama needs to adopt these laws and strictly enforce them! We'd have to import some grizzlies. Our black bears are very few and far between. Montana is a place and a state of mind I've always wanted to visit. Maybe one day! Yall try and preserve her the best you can til I get there some day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode