General Discussion... - Page 1067 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #12793 of 12799 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Choot 'em Clay, Choot 'em

Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,490 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
Clay - Can't get right - Je ne peux pas obtenir droit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rambeaux67 For This Useful Post:
Capt. Slow (12-16-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12794 of 12799 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 07:10 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
5.9 head on 6.7 block.
Just bought an 2006 quad cab long bed with the 6 speed. The engine was dusted, blowing oil like crazy. So pulled it stripped it down took it to a local shop, then found out it’s a 6.7 block with a 5.9 head. Can anyone give me any info on this build. Do I need to make sure it has 03-04 injectors or are any common rail injectors ok.... maybe anything else I may need to look into. Tuning...
post #12795 of 12799 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 04:01 PM

Garage
Afternoon everybody, used to be FPlante92, I know its been quite some time since ive been on here, lifes been crazy the last several years. ended up moving back to WI for a couple years, went to Fire academy and got on with the fire department up there, then decided to enlist in the USAF now im stationed in SC.
I do still own Slimer, sadly hes still back in Louisiana across the street from where my old house used to be, sadly learned that it burned to the ground, roommate made it ok but lost 2 dogs in the fire unfortunately.
Currently my DD is a 2004 QCSB Dakota SLT 4x4, only has 92,xxx miles on the clock real nice little truck, but ive been antsy to get back into a cummins for a few months now that the wife and I are all settled into our house here, seeing as how ill be here for atleast another 2-3 years I think its time to find myself a truck that will stick with me and be a good comfortable family hauler for many years to come.
If anyone knows of a CCLB 4x4 3rd gen manual up for grabs let me know!
Good to be back, i looked into the SC chapter's forums and its dead as can be over there, really miss how active this spot used to be!
post #12796 of 12799 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
Enjoy Lowcountry! Been trying to get back there ever since I got here. If ya hear of any DoD civilian gigs pop open, holla and I’ll be on it like blue bonnet. I think I’ve applied to everything on usajobs within 100 miles of Charleston that wasn’t a healthcare position. They’re not as heavy on the cayenne as here when boils happen - and it’s usually either shrimp or crab instead of mudbugs - but wooo! Bruh. Slap ya mama good food. Like here, seems there’s a festival for everything...

If you like fishing, largemouth outside of lowcountry get almost as big as here (but I think they fight a little harder), and redfish out on the salt marshes will take you for one heck of a ride if you hook one on a fly rod.

Lots of clear water wreck diving you can get into if you can catch it during slack tide, and Charleston is huge on the “big city, small town” feel. Bill Murray owns the minor league baseball team, games are cheap and a good time for the family. He and Darius Rucker have been known to go randomly photo-bomb people and just generally hang out like normal human beings.

If you’re looking for a 3rd gen manual you’ll definitely do better to buy and tag it there if you “live” there. Max sales tax is $400, no inspection, no emissions, but they expect you to take care of your own stuff. Most of south Louisiana is 10.5% tax now... but if you wanna pick one up here there’s a couple places I’d point you at over random searching. PM me and I can shoot you their websites if you want, or I’ll be happy to play virtual tour guide for ya for Charleston. Only lived there for 10 months, but we go back every chance we get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FoolishSage likes this.

08 Resistol. Emissions cleaning pending. Anarchy EFI, Sinister coolant filter, Carbonite DP sensor, CSS -2"/+400# springs, reverse level, Amsoil bypass filter, and a pile of boxes in the garage
post #12797 of 12799 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:30 AM

Garage
Hey thanks! Yeah we're about 45 minutes from Columbia and 90 minutes from Charleston. Myrtle Beach is a couple hour cruise so it's a nice central spot to be in. We've just been settling in a bit and Ive been getting into the swing of things at my new unit so we haven't gotten much time to explore a whole lot, definitely plan on making the rounds come spring time though!

There's a handful of trucks that I've found, nothing local to me, more in the east Tennessee and northern Georgia and Alabama area so it would be a hike to go check them out. It's all good though I'm not in a desperate rush to find a new truck, the little Dakota is a good little truck for the time being.
I'm a little disappointed that LSU doesn't play USC in baseball this year, would of loved to go tailgate that weekend in all my purple and gold glory!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
post #12798 of 12799 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 01:47 AM
Diesel Head

Garage
you just missed the southern / SC game. well, i wouldn't say you "missed" anything per se... heard it was a crap game. being from pittsburgh where we don't give a rip about college sports (mainly because our college teams suck), i'm not a college fan.

on your truck search, if you can find a dealer down OUT of the rust belt who's willing to get real honest with you on pictures or video i'd say don't be afraid of doing a fly-n-buy. i'm sure you've seen trucks down here sell for substantially less than they do up there in the same condition. plus the fact that these southern trucks, we can actually work on them without buying stock in WD-40 first...

08 Resistol. Emissions cleaning pending. Anarchy EFI, Sinister coolant filter, Carbonite DP sensor, CSS -2"/+400# springs, reverse level, Amsoil bypass filter, and a pile of boxes in the garage
post #12799 of 12799 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 04:41 PM

Garage
Yeah I'm not too upset about that, my unit worked a couple of USC football games, it was fun being on the field but nowhere near the same atmosphere as LSU!

Yeah I've been searching around Alabama and Georgia too, I've never done a fly and buy so it does make me a bit uneasy to be honest. I'm not ready to buy just yet, I've just been looking around at how the pricing is around here, it's a little above average but not too terrible if the truck is clean. I was looking at a June to August timeframe to have the finances where I want them to be to buy a new truck. I'll be hard pressed to turn down a screamin good deal if one comes around after the new year though!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode