Kum & Go Xtreme Diesel for a garage queen? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ajchuck2005

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Kum & Go Xtreme Diesel for a garage queen?

Hey people!

I just bought a low mileage 12 valve mainly for after I retire in a few years, so I can full time across this beautiful country of ours. Until then, the truck will be a garage queen I take out once a week and a yearly trip to colorado towing a small toyhauler. Maybe more, maybe less in the winter since its never seen salt, but the truck's in preservation mode until I retire..

Iv been told "don't use bio diesel if you don't drive it everyday" which has me concerned because from what Iv learned, bio blends provide the best/most lubrication for the fuel system. Most of the fuels around my area are a bio blend during the summer when I fill up, so does the comment above apply more to 100% bio diesel and not so much for blends? And what can happen to fuel systems using bio that don't get allot of use?

Is Xtreme Diesel from Kum & Go a good fuel for my "preservation mode"? Or should I consider a different fuel and additive?

And is Xtreme Diesel from Kum & Go with cetane boost, Power Service Slick Diesel and HPCR detergent's a good diesel fuel in the Iowa City area?

Thanks!

1997 12v 4x4 NV4500 3.54
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

My local kum and go or what we call pump and dump, sperm and split, ejaculate and evacuate, jizz and jet or Sperm and Squirm has xtreme diesel. I added some soy-shield and hope for the best.

1997 12v 4x4 NV4500 3.54
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 12:28 AM

Garage
I am not sure on the Kum & Go fuels as I never hauled that in but I know the Casey's up in the Mason City area is straight #2 no bio (summer diesel) in the summer unless they've changed that and around October they switch to an 80/20 blend of 80% #2 and 20% #1. I believe the smaller stations may not be blended for Casey's but they'll add an additive. I've had good luck with Kwik Trip/Kwik Star fuel. I know some guys up here like to run Fleet Farm fuel too but I am not sure what that is. If your going up into MN this time of year with it they still have the 20% bio blend mandate up there and in the winter months I believe it gets scaled back to 5% so I'd personally not buy fuel in MN unless needed if the truck is mostly going to sit
rebar likes this.

2004 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Long Box 5.9L Cummins 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode