Newbies Guide to Excellence - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss General Topics related to the Cummins , Dodge Rams , Other Diesels Ect....NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 595 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 04:16 PM

Guidelines

If you have a request for technical Information Specs Ect.... Post here.

The intent is to keep members from starting threads with a question in the Tech Forums.

After ample time threads in here will be moved to the appropriate Tech Info Forum

DM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 595 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 03:31 PM

Jump Right in Newbies

Newbies are the best part of the Cumminity !

Helping others gives ya a great fealing !

Fire Away were here to help , and we wont promt you to use the search feature ...

Welcome

DM
post #3 of 595 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Newbies are the best part of the Cumminity !

Helping others gives ya a great fealing !

Fire Away were here to help , and we wont promt you to use the search feature ...

Welcome

DM
Im a newbie here but not to the TDR or DTR its good to see alot of familiar names here,some of the good ol boys, much better feel here than the other two forums (less people waiting to bite your head off.) I am telling everyone I know about it

2005 chevy silverado 5.3 gasser
2003 Dodge ram 2500 4X4 6 speed Laramie SOLD!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to elandon1201 For This Useful Post:
Fork-man (02-27-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 595 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 PM

Seems Our Open demeanor and lack of Stressing Grammer/Spelling ECT, Members Come First and holding Respect as our Most important feature ..... Weeds Out Most of the things that everyone hates about web forums .

That and we have Games.... Prizes....Videos ...And More ...LOL

DM
post #5 of 595 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Fresh Fish! Fresh Fish! Fresh Fish!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
post #6 of 595 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 04:38 PM

usually hate forums, but love this one bc of the factors mentioned above... you guys have been incredibly helpful..... thanks again
post #7 of 595 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Past IL VP

ditto to hammerman! I'm farily new around here and have gather-up quite a bit of info! 50% of it for the good! and 50% to the EXCELLENT side!!!

thanks ya'll! this place's the place to come for CTD info! along w/ a good time had while doing it!

JP

2007.5 Ram 3500 6X4X4, 68RFE, Insight, Frontier EXtreme out front, T3 Dually wrap out back! Auto pilot EFI by Banghart Diesel S&B CAI

Does being part of a group of outcasts make you an inny or an outty?
post #8 of 595 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 09:34 PM

I will honestly say this is probably the finest run forum I have ever had the pleasure to post in. Six months ago I knew nothing about diesel trucks. (now I know a little bit more than nothing) With guys helping out and answering the same questions over and over again with out losing patience is truly remarkable. I love reading about different ideas and different bombing tecniques (bombing a word i knew nothing about and six months ago now a word my wife wishes i never found out about) that you can apply to your truck. So to all that have helped me and to all that will help me I would like to say thank you.
post #9 of 595 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Cummins Fan

From what I've seen so far this is a great site. Keep it up

Matt
1995 Dodge 3500 150,000 miles, Isspro boost & pyro, custom ground plate forward, AFC forward, starwheel just enough smoke, GSK washer mod, 3" straightpipe, BHAF

Anyone Like Working On Classic Cars/Trucks? www.redwingsteelworks.com
post #10 of 595 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 10:53 PM

Keep in mind that every single one of us was newbies once upon a time....................What I am getting at here is as we all learn we need to continue to help others as they join up, heck learnin and passin on info is what its all about :thumbsup
post #11 of 595 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 11:19 PM

ATTN 24V Newbies !!!! This is a Must !!!! EVERYONE AGREES !

NOTE: IM NOT A VENDOR AND HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN , But seeing all these Vp44 dead from newbies is terrible exspecally when 90% of these failure could of been avoided .........

ATTN : If you have a 24V Cummins and No Fuel Pressure gauge Your Chancing YOUR RIG and Rolling The Dice every time you drive it ,

A Fuel Pressure Gauge is A Permenate Stable in Every 24V Cummins Truck (1998.5-2002)

This is fact the Lift Pump WILL GO OUT maybe 10,000 miles maybe 50,000 miles but it is Going to go out its ~ $165 When it goes out ( Not IF) You will not know it without a Fuel Pressure Gauge and the ~$1300 Vp44 Injecton pump will work its heart out to deliver its own fuel and it cant keep that up long ! and it will go out and be very Costly , Also if you have added any Fuel Mods you stand a risk of too Much Fuel Pressure and Killing your VP44

All this is True and it sucks but We as 24V'ers can do something about it !

The First Thing is Monitoring so you know the vital signs ! We here @ Cummins Forum Have Gotten Together with Nate at www.cowboydieselperformance.com and he has set up a Fuel pressure Kit that Mounts with a steering collum mount so if you wish to add more gauges in the future you can get a piller mount and have room for 3 additional Gauges, What with all the options and mounts and people wanting to wait for the rest of there gauges and ect,,,, before they know it they have big problems !

So This kit Will be Self Suffcient and will not need redone or changed to accomendate future modifycations !

Kit includes: 0-30 psi gauge, isolator, steering column single gauge mount, and required mounting hardware.

Every Thing you Need !

Price: $165 shipped to your door.
You Can Choose Either a DiPricol or an Isspro Gauge !!!!!

Dont Pass this up this can save your thousands of dollars

This is the best thing for Performance And Reliabillity you can do for your Rig ... Rather it be a daily driver or a Bombed Beast This is a Must Have !

For More Information and to Order Your Kit Please Visit ......

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5021

A Huge Thanks To CDP for Putting this Kit Together For Us !

DM

Last edited by DieselMinded; 06-06-2006 at 07:05 PM.
post #12 of 595 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 11:27 PM

Newbies Guide to Excellence

Only the facts .

__________________________________________________ _____

Filtration :

Only Use Fleet Guard (Cummins Filtration) Oil and Fuel Filters

The cheapest place you can get them is Schieds

http://www.scheiddiesel.com/filters.htm

There cheaper than local auto part stores even with shipping

BHAF :

Only get the BHAF from

www.fleetfilter.com

Its about 1/3 the price of NAPA and its the exact same filter it comes in a NAPA box

Quote:
You can use the 42790 air filter as an aftermarket filter for Dodge's 5.9 diesel.
Thats the one !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode