General question about the forum.... - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss General Topics related to the Cummins , Dodge Rams , Other Diesels Ect....NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
General question about the forum....

I have noticed that people on here get extremely angry/agressive when people ask questions about rollin a little coal, I personally dont get the remarks toward the OP that I have seen? I never would have thought that people would say things like that to someone just asking a question. I only really find it ironic b/c there are a great number of people on the forum that have heavily moded trucks that do guess what.... roal coal, seems kind of a double standard to me in a way. If somebody asks about blowin black, why not just say to them for example " Build your trans, lift pump it, bigger injectors, turbo, and some tuning and itll do that down the track", but instead I have seen people tell other people to light there truck on fire, grow up, get told not to post stupid questions, ect.... personally if you dont like the persons question just dont answer it. And as far as "making other diesel owners look bad", I have never cared what the guy driving the Prius or Smart car thought about me and my truck. Wether it be lifted gas, or now finally my diesel, just dont care b/c to me they are the ignorant ones buying into the whole diesels need to have emmissions b/c they are bad for the environment and my Prius isnt. Well the fact is that car in particular is the only car out there that gets better MPG city than it does highway for crying out loud, and guess how it got the to yota dealer? A diesel semi that rolls coal from a dead stop pullin a trailor. All I am saying I guess is next time you see a newbie ask those types of questions remember you were a newbie once, that lets face it wanted to roal coal or you wouldnt have put 900hp injectors and a 500mm turbo on your truck(exageration I know Ill get hung out to dry and prolly banned from the forum for it too, but that would only legitimize my point), and be easy on the OP and either pass his or her question by or answer it with a respectful honest performance related response. Just dont forget where you came from or what your truck does when you mash the fun pedal on the weekends guys.
Thanks and God Bless

2005 QCLB 6 speed - South Bend Single - Banks intercooler w/3.5" pipes and intake horn - Fast Coolers - Smarty Jr - AirDog 4G 165 - More goodies to come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD-2003 QCSB 5 speed SDD3250-Fast Coolers-BMS 50s-6.7 feed tubes-CPP 115# springs-7/16" Manton pushrods-ARP studs-5" st8 Twin 7" CATs-ISSPRO's-Smarty S06-2nd gen manifold-He351- 2nd gen Intake Horn-Jacobs Brake-NUC Oil Bypass-Traction Bars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Diesel Head

I think that for most, asking about smoke immediately conjures up the image of the dumb kid with daddys truck making smoke just to show off. Most here are sick of that "diesel ricer" mentality, and they snap on everyone.

2014 CCLB 4x4 Tradesman. 5th wheel prep, upfitter switches, LSD, plow prep, on board air, amp bedstep
Its quiet... too quiet...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Diesel Head

People on here can get angry and make themselves try to sound tough for one reason, they are sitting behind a computer screen. Its hilarious when you finally see a picture of some of them. Its just like how at least half of the info on here that is posted as fact is actually wrong. People on here just hear one person say some thing and then they just regurgitate it as if it were gospel. Once you hear someone tell someone else that if they want smoke they should light their truck on fire for the one billionth time, the joke is no longer, funny. But the guy who told it the one billionth time thinks he is hilarious and a bunch of his little internet buddies will giggle about it with him and they will all feel cool and tough.

2004.5, Smarty and MP-8, HTS Trans, E.D 64/68/14,
DiPricol fuel, rail, boost, trans, EGT
Intake, elbow, exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
i have buddys that have diesels and all they want to do is "roal coal" and i think its pathetic because they do put a bad name for diesel owners and just make them look bad now im not gonna lie i leave some black here and there but most times its cause i got a heavy load on and when the "daddys boy" has there pappys truck and blowin smoke at every light n stop sign and it gets old bevause they dont know about the fuel they are waisting and a diesel owners goal shouldnt be just to roal coal i believe that is that is there goal they should not be owning one just my opinion

02 2500-RCLB-NV4500-5in t-back exh.-7x0.10 Injectors-.093 Cross over tubes-HAMILTON 188/220-HAMILTON 110LB Springs-HAMILTON HD Push Rods-FASS 150-CRAZY CARLS Intake horn-EDGE COMP-Southbend 3250 DD-2.5 in leveling kit
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Well, I think the root of the hate is this....

People on here are generally performance oriented modders/tuners. Blowing black smoke is not indicative of true performance achievements. When someone just wants to blow black smoke as a front( read poser status), it insults those who have real mods. Usually they have very few or no mods and just want to draw attention from other drivers on the road. Smoking out the cars behind you or a motorcycle rider at a light projects a flat-billed hat wearing, pimple faced, ignorant and obnoxiously rude person in general.

Folks who are on here are typically not that type of person. So when someone professes, "I just wanna roll coal" it bleeds ignorance and insecurity. Just as in life, forum members will protect their sociostatus to maintain homeostasis in the group. When coal rollers try to infiltrate, the group reacts much like a honey badger would be attacked by bees when he tries to steel honey from the hive.

2011 3500 Mega Laramie- Carli Performance 2.0, Amp Research Powersteps and Bedsteps 1&2, BD tranny pan, BD PressureLoc, BD steering box support, MP-8, XRT Pro, S&B Cold Air, GDP S-2 intake with GDP grid heater, GDP MK2 Big Line, Arson III, Edge Insite CTS, Flo-Pro turbo back with AeroTurbine, Mag-Hytec Diff covers, Amsoil BMK-21, Pacbrake bags, JL Audio 1000/1, JL Audio W6 Megacab 10" box, MyGig Lockpick CHR-550, Yaesu FT-8900R, Superbright LED interior bulbs, Pacer LED rear light bar, Baja Designs OnX 30" LED with CJC Offroad mounts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode