Why so much flack? - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss General Topics related to the Cummins , Dodge Rams , Other Diesels Ect....NO ADVERTISING

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 07:48 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Why does ever thread have to turn into a pissing match?
It's a Dodge/Ram forum. LOL.

2019 3500 La Puta (HO) and made in USA 2005 F350 V10.
California roads suck with either truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 08:49 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Iím pretty sure ford is still using the Bosch pump. 2011- current.
not for the 2020's which aren't available for order until nov.4th they went with the same route as the L5P dmaxes denso

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon, SD 5 blade compounds on the way
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 08:59 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cux211 View Post
not for the 2020's which aren't available for order until nov.4th they went with the same route as the L5P dmaxes denso
Not super familiar with Ford, but I can only find one hit in google that discusses ford switching to a Denso pump (and thatís a forum post asking not saying), but I can find a couple saying that 2020 stays with Bosch. Here is one:

https://www.drivingline.com/articles...lb-ft-barrier/

Again. I donít claim to be a ford expert but at the very least it seems that itís still up in the air for general knowledge.

Either way. Tomato tomato. Who cares. Drive the truck, enjoy it and if something fails, well thatís what warranty is for.

I still doubt ram/Cummins would push a supremely inferior part if they didnít think it would work. It would cost more in the long run. We will see. I bought a 19 too. If they all start failing Iíll be in the same sinking ship as you.

19 2500 Longhorn Mega 4x4

11 SRT8 Challenger M6 - Corsa; 295 Nittos

Last edited by dillonjm; 08-24-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 12:21 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Not super familiar with Ford, but I can only find one hit in google that discusses ford switching to a Denso pump (and thatís a forum post asking not saying), but I can find a couple saying that 2020 stays with Bosch. Here is one:

https://www.drivingline.com/articles...lb-ft-barrier/

Again. I donít claim to be a ford expert but at the very least it seems that itís still up in the air for general knowledge.

Either way. Tomato tomato. Who cares. Drive the truck, enjoy it and if something fails, well thatís what warranty is for.

I still doubt ram/Cummins would push a supremely inferior part if they didnít think it would work. It would cost more in the long run. We will see. I bought a 19 too. If they all start failing Iíll be in the same sinking ship as you.

the problem comes in when all the failures start and the motor co starts denying the claims and tries to blame it on customer using bad fuel IE what ford did and hence the massive law suite. unfortunately all common sence has left big buisness and is run by bean counters oh look at how cheap we can get these pumps that will make profit x amount higher

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon, SD 5 blade compounds on the way
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

As a mechanical engineer, I am going to give RAM the benefit of the doubt that the CP4 went through further testing and evaluation and was revised.

You don't redesign a truck, with an HO motor (with different internals), an Aisin transmission, and pair it with a flawed fuel pump. Theres just no way they did that.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 12:38 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxsledder View Post
I had a 2017 F 350 platinum before my 19 Ram and Loved it! Truck was flawless and I just really enjoyed it. I doubt Ford changed a bunch of things for the worse on the 19 itís just the forums tend to bring more of the negatives about the trucks than positives. My neighbor has a 19 powerstoke with 14,000 miles and hasnít had an issue.
I had the exact opposite experience with my 2017 F350.
I had numerous problems with it in the 18 months, 17K miles I had it. I dumped it because of all the problems.

'18 3500 Mega Aisin, Carli suspended
í13 3500 CCLB Aisin, Carli suspended
'11 2500 Mega, Carli suspended
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 02:27 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepcalm0311 View Post
As a mechanical engineer, I am going to give RAM the benefit of the doubt that the CP4 went through further testing and evaluation and was revised.

You don't redesign a truck, with an HO motor (with different internals), an Aisin transmission, and pair it with a flawed fuel pump. Theres just no way they did that.
As a mechanical engineer, you should also know that the higher fuel psi pumps heavily rely on clean, dry diesel fuel. There is no formula for having a 30000+ psi pump survive contaminated fuel, even with the very best of surface coatings or filters.

Many people like to bash on manufacturers but don't like to admit they used fuel from the 'cheap' station down the road or never drained the water seperator on schedule.

I feel you give RAM waayy too much credit if you think their past performance is indicative of a positive, problem free future. Remember, this is the same company that usually has 10 open recalls per model year.

I firmly believe if the truck engine, any brand, is maintained well and according to schedule, it will provide a long reliable service life.

I get this is a RAM forum, but let's not loose a grip on reality here.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 06:01 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:

see there you go using common sense lol
Danderson likes this.

post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 06:37 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,369 Times in 797 Posts
Quote:

Ram didn't design the engine or fuel system. Further, the bean counters are the ones who are making the decisions these days, not the engineers.
Electrojake likes this.

'97 3500 4x4 CC DRW, 4.10, Banks PP, BD tc, vb, eb, 60# springs, Torqloc, gauges, Weatherguard, B&W...
'92 CC W350 DRW sold '92 CC D350 DRW sold '12 Laramie CC 3500 4x4 SRW sold
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:08 PM
Diesel Head

I had to google that word. "Bean Counter"

"The Big Hurt"
2011 LaRiAt TuXeDo BlAcK ScOrPiOn F250 4X4
1997 Ram 2500 12v 4x4
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:25 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
It's a really stupid design. It wouldn't have taken much engineering to design a cab which rotates forward like a semi to allow for service and repair. Having to remove and lift the whole cab is dumb beyond words.
It would be exquisitely difficult to design a cab hinge and lock system -- and associated cab -- that would pass today's light vehicle safety standards, without adding several hundreds of pounds of reinforcing metal.

2016 3500 LL CC LB 4x4 CTD DRW Delmonico red. BDS 3" truss radius arms & 3" coils w/double Fox 2.0s. Synergy drag link & tie rod. Dual stabilizers.
Carli track bar. Carli torsion anti-sway. Synergy steering box stabilizer. Rear 2" blocks. Weldcraft 17x8 custom steel duallies w/Mickey Thompson 295/70-17 ATXP3s.
AEV axle covers. AEV vented hood. Luverne polished stainless steel boards. Bakflip MX4 hard cover. Bushwacker max coverage flares.
B-pillar vinyl delete. Mopar door chrome. Areion semi-truck flap mounts. Steelcraft polished stainless light guards.
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 12:05 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricPeterson View Post
It would be exquisitely difficult to design a cab hinge and lock system -- and associated cab -- that would pass today's light vehicle safety standards, without adding several hundreds of pounds of reinforcing metal.
I don't know why many insist pulling a cab is like performing heart surgery.

Many mechanics prefer pulling the cab because it allows greater access, and less propensity for forgotten fasteners. I feel that you actually have to work on cars for a living to understand this.

You think techs who work on car engines with something major wrong or to do a clutch change, do the job without dropping the subframe?

A few bolts and linkage and the assembly drops free.

And a problem that comes up that actually requires a cab to be removed is a lot rarer than they believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode