Nissan Titan XD is a dead duck... - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss General Topics related to the Cummins , Dodge Rams , Other Diesels Ect....NO ADVERTISING

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,579 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Nissan Titan XD is a dead duck...

It's official, Nissan is dropping the Titan XD.

Awwww, too bad...

https://www.carprousa.com/Report-Nis...30052983693579

2015 RAM 2500 LoneStar Mega Cab CTD 2WD Air Ride PRAIRIE PEARLCOAT 02/09/2015
CCV reset/seatbelt chime disable
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:46 PM
Cummins Fan

Yep. Should that cummins should have gone in the 1500 and not the ecodiesel........
b.lee and Danderson like this.

2015 SLT 3500 CC 68/3.42 SRW 4X4 Bright White and Stock.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Cummins Fan

Perhaps it's the cummins that's the dead duck? The XD may live on as a gasser.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Diesel Freakazoid

Garage
If they offered it with similar payloads and towing capacity to a 3/4 ton, it would've have sold better. But it got all the negatives of a big engine, and a small engine, with none of the positivess. Engine didn't return good fuel economy, and truck didn't perform well enough to justify it. really surprised it lasted this long honestly....If they want to compete in the HD market, they need to make a truly HD truck that does something none of the others do. Gimme a small diesel with enough power to get the job done, with good reliability, and mpgs simular to an ecodiesel, but capability of a 3/4 ton, and i'd be pretty fast to jump ship.

2012 MCSB DRW 3500 Laramie Longhorn, EFI Live By ANARCHY Diesel, 4" flopro turbo back with muffler, S&B air box and filter, Edge Insight CTS2, 2" HBS level, Bilstein 5100s in all 4 corners with steering stabilizer, PacBrake Airbags, GDP Fuel Filter under the hood, Supernova V3 LED headlights and my EGR stuff ran away, lemme know if you find it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drle View Post
Yep. Should that cummins should have gone in the 1500 and not the ecodiesel........
Yep it would have been a much better choice.

'07 2500 SLT,5.9,Regcab.,G-56,4wd,Northstar TC800 popup 24/7. SBC OKHD. Dynatrac freespins and bj's. Synergy HD steering. Suspension mutt courtesy of Kore, Carli and Thuren.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Diesel Freakazoid

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danderson View Post
Yep it would have been a much better choice.
Why? so that the ecodiesel would have been a flop like the XD? the XD flopped because of the mismatch between engine and truck, the ecodiesel is actually a pretty good match considering it does everything a half ton should be able to do, while returning high fuel economy numbers. which is exactly what people are looking for when they get one. And which is exactly why GM and Ferd are following suit and releasing similar engines for their half tons. Fuel economy engines with enough power to get the stated job done are coming back, not everyone is power hungry to have the biggest number on the block, some of us would like to have money left over after fueling up our trucks.

2012 MCSB DRW 3500 Laramie Longhorn, EFI Live By ANARCHY Diesel, 4" flopro turbo back with muffler, S&B air box and filter, Edge Insight CTS2, 2" HBS level, Bilstein 5100s in all 4 corners with steering stabilizer, PacBrake Airbags, GDP Fuel Filter under the hood, Supernova V3 LED headlights and my EGR stuff ran away, lemme know if you find it

HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
No, that Cummins V8 is a pig, it's heavy and sucks fuel like it was free. 6.7 in the HD trucks gets better fuel economy.

RAM needs that V6 ecodiesel for that high MPG number.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Diesel Freak

As I posted in another forum on this: Neat truck, lots of hype. I looked at one to replace my 2011 ram 1500 gasser. What I found: 1 ton cost, 1 ton fuel economy, all wrapped up in 1/2 capability.

I thought it would be a great alternative from getting a HD truck but I just could not get it to materialize.

2017 Ram 3500 Megacab, SLT, True Blue, SRW, CTD, AS69RC. Ubique
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Cummins Fan

Agree to all this.

However, cant help but wonder if Ram would have sold more of those cummins v8's in our 1500 and 2500 platform, compared to Nissans dismal sales with the cummins.

There are always lots of outlaws rolling rubber who care not for fuel economy, just the image. ( I was 18 for about 10 years, 30 years ago)

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Agree to all this.

However, cant help but wonder if Ram would have sold more of those cummins v8's in our 1500 and 2500 platform, compared to Nissans dismal sales with the cummins.

There are always lots of outlaws rolling rubber who care not for fuel economy, just the image. ( I was 18 for about 10 years, 30 years ago)
No, RAM passed on that engine for good reason, too heavy and poor fuel efficiency. Doesn't matter what an outlaw might buy, only matters what the masses would buy.

And, especially so in a 3/4 ton application, too under powered, as nissan discovered.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Diesel Freakazoid

Garage
Yeah, that engine just completely missed the mark on everything. to big, to heavy, not enough power, and not enough fuel economy. If nissan had made a true HD truck to pair with it, they probably would have saw a better return on it, but being that they basically had a partially heavy half ton, they were doomed to failure from the get go.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 09:54 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
I like the laughing emoji deal @ Nissan! Sucks for Cummins, I am sure this flop will hurt them some, hope they learn from this mistake so they donít try and sell another turd like this one!

How long would you guess this 6.7L platform will last?
Our beloved I6 roots are from (maybe earlier in equipment) 1989, it has come a long way from the equipment engine it started as but how long until they have to start fresh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode