2006 Megacab Build Thread - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss General Topics related to the Cummins , Dodge Rams , Other Diesels Ect....NO ADVERTISING

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2006 Megacab Build Thread

Hello All,

Just thought I would start my build thread. I will be posting details about my truck build here. I just purchased a 2006 Megacab 2500 4WD 5.9L Auto with 238000 miles on it.
Ok. First pictures. Mainly because I donít think anyone goes to the garage to see this stuff.

Jeff

Jeff
"Do What You Say You Will Do" ~ DWYSYWD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Diesel Freak

I'm in........

2007 Ram 3500 CCLB Auto 60% Over S&S |EFI (Innovative) | Dual Fuel Filter Kit | Isspro EV2s | 18x9 Raceline Defenders | 295 70 18 Toyo ATII | Bilstein 5100s | Fleece Coolant | PDD Built Trans
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Ok. First pictures. Mainly because I donít think anyone goes to the garage to see this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Im hooked! Ready to see whats in store my friend!
GroundBeef likes this.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20

See what we are up to on:

Or Email us at:

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Following...what kinda build we talking? HP, suspension?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

06 Crew Cab, 6in Revtek lift, 37in Mickey Thompson Atz's on 18in Black Kmc Hoss's, AEM Intake, Banks Sixgun, Muffler Delete, Autometer gauges
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneloudblaze302 View Post
Following...what kinda build we talking? HP, suspension?

Great question. So here is what I am thinking. I have to get this truck solid before I can do anything really to it. It needs about $1000 worth of work to get there. I have a list of things I am working on right now. See below. Next, I am thinking of adding a Smarty Touch Screen S2G for tuning. There is a guy in Michigan and he is on this forum too that is offering to help me with the tune if I get this tuner. I have a 48RE that is having some issues right now. I am ordering the GM Governor Pressure Solenoid upgrade aftermarket kit for this transmission. I am not shifting into OD and this should fix that problem and upgrade a part. That is my main focus, upgrade when I am repairing something. So I have to get this trans shifting correctly or I am going to have it rebuilt this summer and put a Suncoast kit in it.

Truck repair list: This seems like a long list, but these are they types of things to consider when purchasing a 13 year old truck with 240,000 miles on it.
I was prepared that it was going to need most or all of this before I purchased it and made my acquisition accordingly.

Fuel rail replacement - major leak at fuel input sensor and fuel supply attachment - not repairable.

Fuel filter and fuel pump, fuel tank straps, clean fuel tank

Shocks front and rear

front end parts- Ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, king pins

Transmission - shift cable, filter and gaskets, shift solenoidĖ GM replacement with Billet Mount, Can I find a transducer that is made out of aluminum?

Fluids: Transfer case, pumpkins, transmission fluid replaced when I do the filter and gasket

Interior parts:

Driver seat cushion and leather base

Center counsel lower latch

Weather tech drivers side gray floor mat

Figure out why brake pedal is so loose

Need to check brakes front and rear

Undercoat truck

Remove all plugs from fuse panel, clean with electric cleaner and add dielectric grease

Find all greaseable fittings and grease truck

Hook up reverse lights in rear bumper

Install fog lights in front bumper

Take super duty fog lights amber for above and clear for bad lights,

Install swinging toolbox and also install in bed switch that I built for super duty

Build sub frame for floor with drawers, And cover with carpet

Tonneau cover and find a matching red cap

Check seven pin for proper wiring of electric brakes and blinkers

Jeff

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
As for the parts, I am a fan of Moog Truck Parts for items like suspension or front end. I like their products and haven't had any issues with past upgrades.
I try to buy OEM unless there is a favored aftermarket that makes sense. For example, I am buy the Bosch fuel rail b/c there isn't an aftermarket that I have been able to find. But I am upgrading my shocks from OEM to something better. In the past I have purchased Monroe, and this time I think I am going to put Rancho on the truck. I believe that company is owned by the same people.

Jeff

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:27 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Atleast your expectations were on point before you bought it. I would pull the bed off to address the fuel tank straps and coating the frame ect.

Best of luck...

06 Crew Cab, 6in Revtek lift, 37in Mickey Thompson Atz's on 18in Black Kmc Hoss's, AEM Intake, Banks Sixgun, Muffler Delete, Autometer gauges
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneloudblaze302 View Post
Atleast your expectations were on point before you bought it. I would pull the bed off to address the fuel tank straps and coating the frame ect.

Best of luck...

Thanks, yeah the fuel tank is getting a good cleaning. See fuel filter pic below. I just replaced it Sat and this was the old one looked like. As for the frame, believe this, already been coated! The underside of the body too. Up here is Michigan, I usually have my vehicles undercoated, so this is going to get another coat of that Ziebart undercoating this summer once I have had some time to fix the items of the list.

The motivation was to get this truck ready for 2 trips to MT, Kalispel Glacier National Park in August is 4000 miles and 3800 mile hunting trip in Nov. I am going mule deer hunting in MT this fall. I went last year and got a really nice 8 point (they say 4pt there we say 8pt here in MI, lol)

Jeff

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
But Iíve wanted one of these trucks long before hunting in MT. LoL

mrcyrus16 likes this.

Jeff

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Truck arrives back today. So time to roll my sleeves up and dig into my list.

Jeff

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Fuel rail is in tomorrow. GM shift solenoid is ordered for the transmission, hopefully that and a new cable solve the OD shift issue. And if it does, time to move onto other items on the list.

Ordered a smarty touch s2g with the egt probe. And Iím picking up a matching cap on Sunday. I like to run cap in the fall and winter and tonneau in the summer. But I found a matching flame red cap for a deal so Iím on it like white on rice.

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode