Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Premier Engines Kaufman, Tx

46K views 73 replies 22 participants last post by  Formulafirehawkk 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with Premier Engines? I ordered a longblock from Glen at Premier on January 7th. He told me I would receive it in about 6 days. I still have not received it over a month later and I keep getting the run around. After some searching it appears he has the same address as G&S Diesel. I found one complaint on here about G&S.

#2 ·
Dang, I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing that no one has anything to say about them.?
I am close to taking legal action though if I don't hear anything soon from him.

#74 ·
Well after a google search I found this thread. I bought a long block 5.9 cummins from them 2yrs ago end of 2018. I have had nothing but problems 15000 miles after the 12k warranty expired. Stock tune. Not crazy, mild towing. I've gone threw 3 rear main seals and now a sleeve and still cant get it to stop pouring out. A piston failed and bearing. This company premier engines in Kaufman tx is either a joke or I got a bad engine. Motor doesnt have but 68k on it. I'd personally never use them again. $4600 put me in the hole for 10k with lost pay checks,rentals..etc... 2-1-2021 still having issues.

#3 · (Edited)
First what the run around ? Cause small things do pop up give the company a chance

did you pay with a credit card ? if you did might be worth a call to them if find out what you can do ?

long story short i ordered a 12k engine years ago from a very good shop waited a month second month got the run around end of second month found out a guy at company was stealing parts and money owner didnt know till it was too late. tried to work it out with owner but after the guy screwed him i think he didn't have the money to keep going so i had to cover my azz called my credit card company. i got all my money back because i never got any parts .

before i asked for my money back i ask them to send pics of my engine and parts i gave them 24 hours to get the pics to my email which i figure was fair as they said they had them and been working on them for the last week

#4 ·
what kind of engine is it ?
6 day till you have it seem weird if its not a in stock engine ?
2-3 weeks seems about the going time for a engine if they dont have to order some special parts ?

If you dont hear anything good in a few day i have a really really good engine build in TX that you might be able to call ask for a heads up on the other company. He wouldnt bad mouth the other company just give you a heads up or where to look for more info

#5 ·
The engine did arrive on Feb the 16th. He was using a broker for shipping and supposedly that was the issue. He ended up having an employee deliver it in the back of a truck from TX to me in AL. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He seemed like a good guy the multiple times I talked to him, but the various excuses had me worried.
The engine is in and running now. :)

#6 ·
Thats good to know their decent people. I see their ads on craigslist all the time.

#10 ·
They are selling on Ebay and there prices are right. But I don't know if my mechanic would wait 3 weeks after pulling my engine. Feedback is appreciated!

#12 ·
The engine did finally arive over a month later. I was quick to strip my old engine down completely,thinking the new would be here month ago and they wanted to take core with them. Needless to say that made it fun to remember where every bolt and bracket went. Finishing up the install now so will post results soon as I finish.

#14 ·
Thanks for the feedback! How did you end up buying from them? Looks like they are selling for about $3,200 + Core + Shipping which seems to be one of the better deals around. Won't have the funds for the engine swap till next month so the truck is just sitting until then :-(

#15 ·
I paid 3000.00 for the engine and 275.00 shipping. I'm a business so he trusted me on the core that it's a good build able core and didn't make me pay the 1500.00 which he will refund once he has your core. They paid shipping for the core so I'm 3275.00 out of pocket which includes gasket set. Paid with debit card over the phone. 1 yr unlimited mile warranty. I'm in ga they in Texas

#17 ·
Anyone have a direct contact number for them?

#20 ·
Thank you both...think I'll be ordering one next month from them. No power, oil blowing out the slobber tube. Ahh good times!!!

#22 ·
Just ordered today...$3,275 with freight. I have to ship my core back... Said 10 days I should have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.