PCM problems !!! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Electrical & Wiring A place to discuss Electrical & Wiring issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
PCM problems !!!

Hello to the group ....
My name is Paul Winkler and I live in St Louis Missouri - my question (or problem) is my 2007 2500 series 4WD quad cab truck has the 6.7 diesel and back in May 2017 my PCM went bad. I had to spend approximately $3600.00 to fix problem since it was out of warranty due to age of truck but it only had 83,473 miles on truck at that time. Needles to say I was not a happy person to have to buy a computer for truck to run - especially with such low miles on it. Now recently my "jake brake" exhaust brake has not been working so while at dealer to get oil change completed I requested mechanic at the local Dodge dealership to inspect problem - the service writer called back asking if I had any computer work done before and how long issue has been going on. I told him for a couple of months the exhaust brake was not working but the truck has been running just fine otherwise and then informed him that my PCM had been replaced. He told me that it appears the new PCM was not picking up signal ??? and that the PCM is defective AGAIN !!! He informed me that the recently replaced PCM is still under warranty (2 years or 80,00 miles) AND NOW MY TRUCK ONLY HAS ALMOST 10,000 MILES ON NEW PCM !!! HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS MANY ISSUES WITH THIS HUNK OF JUNK PCM DODGE IS SLINGING OUT THERE ON THESE TRUCKS ????

Thanks for ANY advice !
Paul Winkler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode