Diode Dynamics: SL1 LED Headlights for Dodge Ram! USA Made! See Install Video! - Page 4 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:19 PM
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Their basic response via email was they were very sorry for this issue. I also pm'd this thread starter but got no response. That was roughly a month ago.

It's like nobody attempted to test fit these in the truck and actually look at the beam pattern. Highly disappointed that I was the guinea pig

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1herdbull View Post
Just an FYI for anyone that pulls up this old thread. The SL1 high beams do not, I repeat DO NOT fit/work with a 2016 Ram 2500 with the Quad/reflector headlights.

The high beams are clocked 90 degrees and can not be altered to work. The LED's point up and down and not side to side and just scatter light everywhere. Not sure what the Retroshop did to get these to work in quad headlights.

I love the low beams but until they produce this bulb rotated 90 degrees I wouldn't buy the high beams. Currently waiting shipment of some Nova 4's to replace these high beams.
Hey there!

I'm really sorry to hear you ran into fitment issues with our SL1, that's definitely NOT the experience we're after. After speaking with my service team, I'm told this is the first case of this reported, after selling hundreds of SL1 bulbs for similar or identical setups. If you haven't already, Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and they will be happy to troubleshoot the issue, and send any replacement parts that might be needed.

Once again, I apologize for the hassle!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Cummins Fan

Thank you for the response. I was emailing Corey S. and had even sent him some pics of the light scatter on a wall from approx. 25'. It wasn't pretty. I by no means am bashing the product. I love the low beams.

I will say again that this not really a fitment issue. The bulbs only go in 1 way and twist to lock in place. It just so happens that the high beams go in, twist and lock with the LED's in the wrong orientation. I would call it an application issue and not fitment. For anyone to say that these high beam bulbs work in a 2016 Ram 2500 with the quad/reflector housings they are either lying or have never installed them, put the headlights back in the truck and turned them on at night. End of discussion. They DO NOT WORK IN THIS HEADLIGHT!

Again not bashing the product just stating that the bulbs sold to me do not work in this application. They have been sent back to HR for a refund and the new replacement (competitors) bulbs showed up today.

And a footnote to this..... going back through this thread the original pics that were uploaded don't show up for me. Not sure if they were removed or I just can't see them.

If you doubt still that I have a 1 off truck or headlights just watch your video and note the orientation of the wires & bulb once locked into the housing. Now grab a bulb off the shelf and look at it and how the LED's are in relationship to the video. You will see that the LED's are pointing up and down when installed. It's obvious that the lights in the video were never installed and turned on at night.

Thank you for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Thank you for the feedback!

This case has been forwarded to our management team to prevent situations like yours from occurring in the future. No matter what, the bulbs you received didn't fit in the application you purchased them for, and I'm sorry for the headache you went through! If we can assist with anything in the future, please let me know!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

All sizes of our SL1 LED Headlight Bulbs are now IN STOCK!

Don't forget to send us a PM for free USPS shipping on any U.S order!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Don't forget to shoot us a PM for FREE USPS shipping on any U.S order!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 02:50 PM
Diesel Freakazoid

Garage
Do you have any output and comparison pics of these in projectors and reflectors? Most of the pics i find are looking at the light, or outside of real world applications. Would be nice to see some real world comparison shots

2012 MCSB DRW 3500 Laramie Longhorn, EFI Live By ANARCHY Diesel, 4" flopro turbo back with muffler, S&B air box and filter, Edge Insight CTS2, 2" HBS level, Bilstein 5100s in all 4 corners with steering stabilizer, PacBrake Airbags, GDP Fuel Filter under the hood, Supernova V3 LED headlights and my EGR stuff ran away, lemme know if you find it

HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki223 View Post
Do you have any output and comparison pics of these in projectors and reflectors? Most of the pics i find are looking at the light, or outside of real world applications. Would be nice to see some real world comparison shots
Sure thing! The images below (provided by Retro Shop LLC) are of our SL1s in a Ram with the quad (reflector) housings. Photographing light output, especially at night, is tricky. So we're always on the lookout for more images. I'll post up if I come across more!

Low Beam

Low Beam

High Beam

High Beam
Loki223 likes this.

post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM
Diesel Freakazoid

Garage
Are HIDs still the recommended path for the Projector trucks? I know one of the first reviews in projectors wasn't that great, in real world applications, and i am wondering if there has been any improvements on that side of it.

the Quad housing reflector beam patterns look Fantastic BTW! Exactly what i would expect from you guys

2012 MCSB DRW 3500 Laramie Longhorn, EFI Live By ANARCHY Diesel, 4" flopro turbo back with muffler, S&B air box and filter, Edge Insight CTS2, 2" HBS level, Bilstein 5100s in all 4 corners with steering stabilizer, PacBrake Airbags, GDP Fuel Filter under the hood, Supernova V3 LED headlights and my EGR stuff ran away, lemme know if you find it

HELP ME UPDATE MY IMAGES, IF YOU SEE A BROKEN IMAGE LINK, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE SO I CAN UPDATE THE IMAGE TO A NEW HOSTING SITE
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki223 View Post
Are HIDs still the recommended path for the Projector trucks? I know one of the first reviews in projectors wasn't that great, in real world applications, and i am wondering if there has been any improvements on that side of it.

the Quad housing reflector beam patterns look Fantastic BTW! Exactly what i would expect from you guys

Thank you!

And that's a great question. HID is a great option, however the SL1 performs quite well in projector-equipped trucks (there are also fewer components, easier install, and no warm-up time). I did a bit more digging and found the image below, which was taken with a 2016 Ram 1500 with the projector housing.

post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
Diesel Freakazoid

Garage
I remember a guy on Ram forum right after you came out with the SL1 posting up great looking wall shots, like that, however when he got them out on the road the visibility actually decreased. I plan on replacing my HID set up in my projectors soon, because i do love me some LEDs, and doing a full review with comparison shots, and i would hate to get yours and not be fully satisfied. I know you'd take care of me one way or the other, no doubt on that, but i am curious if there have been others running the SL1s that can truly and honestly compare usable real world light output with the SL1 vs halogen, vs HID. I know the SL1 has been to market for a while, so i am curious if the "real world" visibility in a projector has gotten comparable, or if that guy, who admittedly was one of the first, just got a fluke early production bulb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode