Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Minor paint correction/coating my 16

7K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  zran22 
#1 ·
Just got my 16 home yesterday—

(Shot at my parents place after picking it up):

Started this morning with the minor paint correction/ CQuartz coating on it. This is the same treatment I gave my 11 SRT Challenger and it’s held up great this year.

Products:

Tailgate preview shot:

I’ll post completed shots later today when I finish up.

See less See more
#5 ·
Sweet looking truck! I like that tail gate badge! Where'd you get it? Would love to pick one up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I've seen that orbital, what are your thoughts on it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I like it a lot. I’m not a professional body guy by any means, it’s been forgiving enough for even myself not to screw it up. I’ve done 3 vehicles with it and all have come out nice.

I use the chemical guys products in that same picture. V36 for 2-3 passes and the 38 for a couple more. Has worked great getting out the minor swirls. They make more aggressive compounds too if needed.

#7 ·
The truck and paint looks awesome man.

What's your address, I'm bringing my truck over !

Reactions: dillonjm
#14 ·
The griots is a very good DIY, weekend warrior orbital. Also has a great warranty (if needed).

Compound and oad choice makes the biggest difference.

Check out auto geek forums....very good info.

#17 ·
Some of my other vehicles with the same treatment:

11 SRT8 Challenger (1 year after application):

My wife’s minivan:

That’s cute...

“Wife’s” minivan!!

Hey, I need to head your way and get my truck done? I’ve got family in Tacoma and Olympia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Ordered the V36/V38 now to find a less costly orbital...$399.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
truck looks great man you did a killer job! I personally don't have any experience with the griots buffer but I use a FLEX buffer at my body shop and its unreal. I use it for everything from buffing 2000 grit sand scratches after sanding dirt nibs out after paint to final polish. Different pads and compounds are used depending on how aggressive your scratches/swirl marks are. The FLEX is a little pricey but well worth it if you do enough buffing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.