Experience with either Adam's or Chemical Guys foam wash? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Detailing Cleaning, waxing, buffing ect

3Likes
  • 1 Post By drave199
  • 1 Post By cweidert03
  • 1 Post By Broc212

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Experience with either Adam's or Chemical Guys foam wash?

So I always wash my truck myself. Don't trust a car wash to do it haha. Really just don't want anyone to touch it. But I've seen pictures of these foam cannons and wondering how well they work? Are they designed to not need to scrub at all? Also, is it good for the undercarriage, wheel wells and suspension components? I washed my truck yesterday and it had some snow/slush/dirt crap all over it. I didn't scrub any of the undercarriage and wheel wells, just pressure washed. And this morning you can still see residual caked on dirt on the frame, shocks and springs and such. Would be nice to get that dirt off without needing to physically scrub because it's not easy to get in there. Obviously, I don't normally scrub any of that but with the lift, you can see all those things easier than when it's stock, so I has to look good to. Maybe being a little particular but when I clean it, I want it to be clean.

Thanks for the help.

i3rahms likes this.

2016 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CCSB 4x4 68RFE Carli Backcountry Carli torsion sway bar Method NV 18s Toyo R/T 35x12.5x18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 06:45 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
You don't have to scrub, but you need a wash mitt to wipe and actually clean the surface. There is nothing out there that you just spray on and hose off, and it's gonna make things clean. You gotta put SOME effort in.

The Gas Power Washer Foam Cannons work the best. Then the Electric ones. Then the ones that you use with just a Hose.

I prefer to use Chemical Guys. Plus, their stuff is always on sale on amazon and their site.

'17 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins
'18 Yukon Denali

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Maxx View Post
You don't have to scrub, but you need a wash mitt to wipe and actually clean the surface. There is nothing out there that you just spray on and hose off, and it's gonna make things clean. You gotta put SOME effort in.

The Gas Power Washer Foam Cannons work the best. Then the Electric ones. Then the ones that you use with just a Hose.

I prefer to use Chemical Guys. Plus, their stuff is always on sale on amazon and their site.
That's what I was thinking. It sounded to good to be true that it was a spray on - spray off. So there is a foam cannons that you plug into a pressure washer? I only saw the one that you use a garden hose. I'll have to keep looking. Thanks for the help

2016 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CCSB 4x4 68RFE Carli Backcountry Carli torsion sway bar Method NV 18s Toyo R/T 35x12.5x18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 11:03 PM
Cummins Fanatic

I run an Adams foam cannon on the end of the pressure washer I use for washing our cars (2000psi BlueClean Electric). It does a great job of coating everything in sight and allowing for a proper two bucket wash job. Normally I'll soak the truck down pretty good with the foam, wash in straight lines with my mit a panel at a time then rinse. For the under side and wheel wells I normally take castrol super clean and dilute it about 50-60% in a spray bottle and soak the under side of the truck with it the best I can. Let it sit while I scrub the wheel wells with a brush and the blast away with the pressure washer. Normally that keeps everything pretty clean on the underside. During the summer months I'll use some Adams VRT on the fender liners to keep them looking good but it also allows for easier cleaning as things don't seem to stick to that product real well.

Mad Maxx is definitely on to something with Chemical guys products though. They are typically always on sale and within easy reach on Amazon. Either way between Adams and CG you can't go wrong!

2016 2500 4X4 Granite Crystal Monotone Outdoorsman CCSB 6.7L G56. Relatively Stock.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:36 AM
Cummins Fanatic

I haven't tried using both brands. I have been using Meguiar's products for years.
The Following User Says Thank You to justdrive For This Useful Post:
v10sport (09-17-2017)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 02:10 AM

i say its a instagram hype. you can't properly wash the vehicle without the soap drying. and i don't buy into the neutral ph they wanting you to use now days since people catching on. Chemical guys say they made in california so what that means to me is its a weak product with all the voc restrictions and tree huggers. Hawaiian red dirt is a whole other level. thats why I'm not easily impressed.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 05:38 PM

Ive used Adams for several years.. I pretty much use only their products. I have the hose style foam gun.. depending on how much time I have I either go to a coin op and use the pressure washer and do a 2 bucket wash in the bay.. if I have more time I'll go to coin op to spray truck off with water only and come home to use the foam gun and 2/3 bucket wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 05:41 PM

Experience with either Adam's or Chemical Guys foam wash?-img_0283.jpgExperience with either Adam's or Chemical Guys foam wash?-img_0285.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sats05 likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 08:49 PM
Cummins Fan

I was sceptical about chemical guys but once I started using their products I was sold. I pretty much only use chemical guys, griot's garage, and meguiars "ultimate" products now. Between those 3 there's isn't a job I can't tackle!

I've been especially impressed with meguiars ultimate line.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 07:02 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccuistion View Post
I was sceptical about chemical guys but once I started using their products I was sold. I pretty much only use chemical guys, griot's garage, and meguiars "ultimate" products now. Between those 3 there's isn't a job I can't tackle!

I've been especially impressed with meguiars ultimate line.
x2
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Can't speak for Chemical Guys. I'm not swayed towards one brand, but Adams has my loyalty due to their extremely good customer service as well as their forum. They're always willing to help a customer till the end. Speaks a lot to me because most places will sell you a product, be done with you until they call/email you again on their next product release/sale. Adams does sales every week for 15-20% off so, realistically their products are not that expensive. Like anyone, you should stock up/try a new product during their sale that way you're not stuck buying lots of product for original pricing.

One thing that really sets Adams apart is that they go on their forum to help, but also get feedback and they actually listen to their customers extremely well. I'm sure if you asked them, they would tell you their customers are probably 50% of the reason their products are made so well. There is so much into detailing that people don't realize, it just really depends on what you're looking to get out of your vehicle.

I like that they make a product for everything, not a 1 size fits all kind of deal. As far as their foam cannon, I have the pressure washer and hose version. Both extremely handy. Though, you can actually order the same product on Amazon for $20~ vs $79? for the Adams, of course like I said, they have sales as well as the customer service. I would call up both companies and see which one is more willing to help. I truly don't think you can go wrong with either product. Good luck
Red Rambler likes this.

2008 6.7 CCSB EFI Live by ATP Carli Commuter 2.0

Support coal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode