Ram Brand Offers Factory Spray-on Bed Liner for Pickups - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Cummins Forum News News and CF Staff Updates to the Members. Plans, site changes, things to look forward to, etc. Only staff may start new threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Ram Brand Offers Factory Spray-on Bed Liner for Pickups

Chrysler has announced that it will begin offering Ram customers a spray-on bedliner option for its 2010 model year 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks. Dealers will be able to order the factory-installed upgrade beginning immediately.

The spray-on bedliner option will be available on all Ram Truck trim levels (ST, SLT, TRX, Power Wagon and Laramie), all cab sizes (Regular, Quad, Crew and Mega) and all bed lengths (5-foot, 7-inch; 6-foot, 4-inch and 8-foot). Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price is $450.

"Creating a stand-alone brand for Ram Trucks has allowed us to concentrate on how customers are using their trucks and what new features they'd like to see," said Fred Diaz, President and CEO, Ram Truck Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "Spray-on bedliners are very popular with pickup owners, and we felt this factory-installed, factory-warranteed option would be a welcomed response to our customers. We've taken our new lineup of award-winning Ram Trucks and made them even better."

The new Ram Truck factory-installed spray-on bedliners come with a 3-year, 36,000-mile warranty. They offer owners a number of benefits including a 10-pound weight savings over drop-in bedliners; a reduction in noise, vibration and harshness (NVH); chemical and abrasion resistance; improved in-bed traction and an improvement in perceived value.

"We expect the spray-on bedliner could quickly become one of our most popular Ram Truck options," said Joe Veltri, Vice President of Product Planning, Chrysler Group LLC. "More than 90 percent of all truck owners want pickup bed protection, and spray-on bedliners are sometimes preferred over drop-in bedliners. Now Ram Truck offers both."

Chrysler Group has extensively tested its spray-on bedliners for UV stability and surface adhesion. The protective material is sprayed to a standard thickness of 3mm on horizontal surfaces including the tailgate and 2mm on vertical surfaces.

More: Ram Brand Offers Factory Spray-on Bed Liner for Pickups on AutoGuide.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Good move on Chryslers part. I think it's a great option.

2005 5.9 QCSB 4X4, Black, stock. Sold but not forgotten
2008 6.7 QC 4X4 Big Horn, Mineral Grey, stock except for K&N. Sold
2002 5.9 24 valve 4x4 , silver, short bed sport. Stock for now
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Diesel Freak

it's 450.00 we can get it done here 4 300-350 @ line xjust a way 4 the dealers to make more money,kind of like the so called paint sealant what a fawcken joke that was.

04.5 2500 Q/C l/b.not so stock
2011.5 2500 c/c l/b.laramie. smary,s&b cold air kit,center console shifter,custom painted headlights,tree hugger crap gone,some other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Cummins Fan

Let me think about this, Chrysler is bragging about there spray on bed liner option that is warrantied for 3/36,000 when you can get a time proven Line-x or Rhino Liner with a lifetime warranty. Bend over Chrysler.

Stock 2009 ram 2500 6.7 manual transmission
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Diesel Head

Yeah, I don't know many guys who would pay more for that than a line x or rhino lining when they come with a lifetime warranty.

2019 Ram 3500 Dually Mega 6.7 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel394 View Post
it's 450.00 we can get it done here 4 300-350 @ line xjust a way 4 the dealers to make more money,kind of like the so called paint sealant what a fawcken joke that was.
Ordering through Dave Smith or any other discount dealers will reduce that cost quite a bit. Sprayliners require good preparation and what better place than the factory. Rhino quoted me $450 here for my longbed over the rail job. Linex was $75.00 cheaper. Not that far off from what Dodge will charge.

'07 2500 SLT,5.9,Regcab.,G-56,4wd,Northstar TC800 popup 24/7. SBC OKHD. Dynatrac freespins and bj's. Synergy HD steering. Suspension mutt courtesy of Kore, Carli and Thuren.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Salty Squid

Why would anyone opt for this option when you can get Line-x for the same price with a lifetime warranty?

I guess that's your standard marketing from the big three...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 04:58 PM

Ditto on all the replies above.
$450 for a factory job & short warranty is a joke.

#1 - I would expect the factory job to be MUCH CHEAPER than aftermarket. Heck, if anything it should be on every pickup truck delivered; with a "bedliner delete" being "optional". And that should carry the GOOD warranty.

#2 - I would want more details about the coating itself. I've had 2 Linex'ed trucks and like it. I've heard that Rhino Liner is good. Other brands - I dunno. But bottom line is - all sprayed in liners are NOT the same! What's special about the factory coating? What does it compare to?

TRADED my Dodge for <gasp!> 2009 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 4x4 DRW LWB Crew Cab DMax/Allison.
Still trying to sell parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned

i have a dealer sprayed in liner and its ok.... scratches easy though
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Banned

Does anyone know if the Line-X warranty follows the truck? I bought my Mega used with a line-x bed spray and now its chipping. Like to get it resprayed under warranty.

Hopefully they keep a truck on file by VIN, or maybe the big line-x logo will help.

Thanks
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:04 PM

WOW THATS GREAT NEWS FROPM OL NOPAR MOPAR, IT WOULD EVEN KEENER!! IF THEY WOULD DO A RECALL ON THE 2004&1/2 TO 2006 DODGE RAMS WHICH ARE STUCK ALL OVER THIS GREAT COUNTRY, DUE TO PUMPS INJECTORS AND SENSORS FAILURES , SUCH AS MY 5.9L TURBO W/ 38k MILES WHICH DODGE WONT WARRnty AND "CUMMINS WONT EVEN WORK ON YHEY ONLY REPAIR THEIR CUMMINS ENGINES ON 2002 AND EARLIER DUE TO ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH THE LATER MODELS??????

:thumbsupHHOW FAST DO YOU WANNA GOOOOOOOOOOOO???
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcostsmoney View Post
WOW THATS GREAT NEWS FROPM OL NOPAR MOPAR, IT WOULD EVEN KEENER!! IF THEY WOULD DO A RECALL ON THE 2004&1/2 TO 2006 DODGE RAMS WHICH ARE STUCK ALL OVER THIS GREAT COUNTRY, DUE TO PUMPS INJECTORS AND SENSORS FAILURES , SUCH AS MY 5.9L TURBO W/ 38k MILES WHICH DODGE WONT WARRnty AND "CUMMINS WONT EVEN WORK ON YHEY ONLY REPAIR THEIR CUMMINS ENGINES ON 2002 AND EARLIER DUE TO ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH THE LATER MODELS??????
OH BY THE WAY I FORGOT TO ADD IF YOU OWN A MADE IN AMERICA "DODGE HEAVY DUTY TRUCK"!!!! CHECK THE VIN INFO. ON THE DRIVERS SIDE DOOR !!!! YOULL BE SURPRISED TO SEE THAT YOUR AMERICAN DODGE WAS MADE IN "MEXICO"!!!! WOW ISNT THAT THE COUNTRY OL OBAMARANA AND HIS BOYS ARE BUILDING A SECOND BERLIN WALL TO KEEP OUT OF THE USA?? WHEN I ASKED MY LOCAL "DODGE DEALER " HE SAID HE HAD NEVER HEARD OF THAT????? HEY DONT PISS ON MY LEG AND............ TELL ME ITS...." RAINING" SON!!!!!!!

:thumbsupHHOW FAST DO YOU WANNA GOOOOOOOOOOOO???

Last edited by speedcostsmoney; 07-01-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode