EPA Fines Cummins $2.1m For Unclean Diesels - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Cummins Forum News News and CF Staff Updates to the Members. Plans, site changes, things to look forward to, etc. Only staff may start new threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Maybe they have to emissions test each of them or somthing before they send em out

2001 3/4 QCSB 6spd HO 54Block 3.55's 33X12.50's Toyo MT's, 18" XD Hosses, Sky Jacker leveling springs, EdgeJ/AHot, ddp 150's, BHAF, 'SSI' 3rd gen Adjustable TB and Steering Stabilizer, AirDog 150 w/Vulcan DSV, Boost Elbow, BIG BRAKES, 2010 Steering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Boiler up!

its all about the money, the epa and carb dont care about the emissions, they care about money like everyone else...and if they can find somewhere where you didnt cross a t or dot an i....BAM payday for the epa

2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Longhorn
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Diesel Freak

All it was, was missing paperwork stating that the engines had the proper emissions equipment on them... what a load of BS

Tow Rig: 1996 ECLB Suncoast tranny etc..

Weekend Toy 1998 2.5 truck.. build in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunner33 View Post
Before Cummins took bailout money they spent 25 million dollars to bail out a bank.
Cummins didn't give Irwin bank $25 million. They provided standby commitment. Meaning that Cummins would provide them with money if they needed it. Irwin only needed about 10 of it.

Cummins didn't take ANY bail-out money. The
grant that Cummins recieved was
Quote:
intended to improve truck efficiency and emissions

16' SRW QCSB
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 09:17 AM

Emissions is a load of bs. All it does is rob power and if you ask me, our air was cleaner before they became Nazis about clean air. Global warming wasn't a problem back in the 70's when they were all driving big gas guzzling muscle cars so why are our SO MUCH MORE EFFICIENT ENGINES causing such an environmental problem? Can anyone else see that the EPA is pointless and so is emissions control?
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Cumminsturbodiesel View Post
Emissions is a load of bs. All it does is rob power and if you ask me, our air was cleaner before they became Nazis about clean air. Global warming wasn't a problem back in the 70's when they were all driving big gas guzzling muscle cars so why are our SO MUCH MORE EFFICIENT ENGINES causing such an environmental problem? Can anyone else see that the EPA is pointless and so is emissions control?
My thoughts exactly. I take the cat off every vehicle I get... It then gets better gas mileage.... Imagine that.

And there is no gloBULL warming epidemic....the earths climate is in a constant state of change.. the climate has been going up and down for billions of years.. The earth will warm up a bit, then cool down a bit...process repeats itself over and over.. The only reason people say humans had any effect on it is to make money off it... Emissions....EPA.... Seriously...the emissions humans have made in all the machinery, vehicles, plants....everything combined for the past 100 years..... now compare that to the output of 1 volcano..... Exactly my point... the earths recovered from multiple volcanos.....us humans have about as much impact on it as an ant farting 3 miles away from my house will have on what im watching on TV tonight...

97 RCLB/Auto, AFC spring, 3000 GSK, #11 Plate, 4" Exhaust, PVCI.
03 crewcab dually/auto. 90hp inj, Smarty, cam, built trans, 3.73's.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
SNAFU

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Just another case of government employees trying to justify their jobs

The road goes on forever and the party never ends
The Following User Says Thank You to twhetten For This Useful Post:
jgage916 (02-28-2010)
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:55 AM

Diesels aren't meant to have so much restrictive things on them. Once you start restricting their power you are taking the whole point out of a truck meant to be powerful and pull heavy things. Our cummins doesn't have anything restrictive. Straight pipe, no particulate filter or cat. Runs like a a beauty if you can get it to start.
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
EPA estimates that Cummins actions resulted in approximately 167 excess tons of nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbon emissions, and 30 excess tons of particulate matter emissions over the lifetime of the non-conforming engines. Cummins will mitigate the effects of excess emissions from its non-conforming engines through permanent retirement of emission credits equal to the excess tons of pollution.
Really? I mean, come one now. Really? The EPA can pick apart the pollutants and say just this part came from Cummins? Whatever EPA. There is no way to say this much came from JUST Cummins engines. I rest my case. (I am very biased towards the EPA)
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 11:33 PM

Doesn't matter to me...I'll never buy another new Dodge or GM vehicle. If my government see fits to use the sweat from my back in stolen taxes to give to those car companies......I'll be damned in hell before they get one more penny of mine.
They want my business? Better quit building 'commie cars'.

2005 std cab long bed 4WD w/ 6speed manual...stocker than stock as far as I know, but it seems a little tall (maybe it has a lift kit in it)...I love this 5.9!
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 02:47 PM

I bet if they had to prove all there BSwith hard core fax's, They'd all be out of a job.

They should of had to close up shop a long time ago.

Bob (Cowboy) Hogan
Monrovia SO-CAL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Diesel Freak

im sure it doesnt help that there is million dumba**es on youtube showing videos of "blowing smoke". im just sooo glad that i bought my 5.9 07 when i did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode