Fiat Says It Won't Walk Away From Chrysler Deal - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Cummins Forum News News and CF Staff Updates to the Members. Plans, site changes, things to look forward to, etc. Only staff may start new threads.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,368
Thanks: 169
Thanked 478 Times in 316 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Fiat Says It Won't Walk Away From Chrysler Deal


When the U.S. Supreme Court delayed the sale of Chrysler to Fiat yesterday it put the whole contract in jeopardy, giving the Italian automaker the opportunity to walk away if the sale isn't approved by June 15th. Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne has, however, confirmed his commitment to the purchase, saying that it would not deter him.

"We would never walk away," he said in an interview with Bloomberg. "Never."

Late Monday afternoon Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg delayed the sale but did not make clear the intentions of the court. A group of Indiana pension funds have attempted to block the sale of Chrysler to a Fiat-run group (also comprised of the U.S. and Canadian governments) by alleging that the initial bankruptcy court acted contrary to the law by putting the needs of unsecured lenders ahead of secured ones (some of which include the pension funds).

The bankruptcy court's decision was upheld by an appeals court and now the matter may go before the Supreme Court.

It is not guaranteed that the Supreme Court will hear the case but that is the speculation.

All we do know is that Fiat has an unwavering interest in the Chrysler brand and the U.S. market. This is likely due to Marchionne's belief that in a post-recession auto industry there will be far fewer major players controlling significantly larger shares of the market.

More: Fiat Says It Won't Walk Away From Chrysler Deal on AutoGuide.com

Administrator is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Cummins Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 368
Thanks: 48
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Old news already. The deal has been done.
I also dont know why we keep saying fiat is buying chrysler, or Chrysler was SOLD to Fiat.
Fiat was GIVEN 20% share of Chrysler, with the opportunity to be GIVEN another 15%, for a total of 35%
they would be GIVEN.
They didnt buy anything.
Its all amazingly .

99 3500 5 spd. quadcab longbed 2wd dually Airdog 100-sold
05 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi Sport- stolen and totalled by illegal mexican smugglers
2010 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi BigHorn
Reddooley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome