Chrysler to Close 789 Dealerships by June 9th - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Cummins Forum News News and CF Staff Updates to the Members. Plans, site changes, things to look forward to, etc. Only staff may start new threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 11:24 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
This sucks bad! My local small town Dodge dealer "Meyer Auto Sales" is owned and serviced by my wife's family. This dealership was started in 1928 by my wife's great grandfather, then ran by her grandfather and then my father in law took over in the early 1960's when his father died of cancer. The dealership got it's notice that they will loose their franchise. This came only a few weeks after my wife's grandmother passed away, she had been the dealerships book keeper untill se was in her 80's. This is not some huge opperation, this is a company where if you needed a car or truck you delt with the owner, not some salesman. When you needed service you delt with my wife's uncle's or her brother's and the bodyshop was run by another uncle and he did most of the painting. This is trully a family opperation. The dealership prided itself in having the "Five Star" award for almost as long as it has been available. These guys are the reason that I switched to Dodge from GM when I bought my first used Cummins in 1997. Saddly only weeks after hearing that they would loose their contract with Dodge, my father in law Lynn Meyer died of sudden heart trouble while at his birthday party on May 23. Days later at the funeral home over 1,300 guests showed up to pay their respects. As we stood in line talking to these guests I was amazed at the hundreds of people who introduced themself as "just customers". I have bought a lot of products over the years but I have never recieved service that was so good that I went to a funeral for one of the owners. These customers knew how different this dealership is. I think that Chrysler has made a huge mistake in their decision to close these small dealerships that could not have been costing them much money. If Chrysler had more dealerships like Meyer Auto Sales it would not be in the trouble they are in. If you are in the Ft.Wayne IN. area give these guys a call. They have a huge wealth of knowedge of all dodge cars and trucks, along with the type of personal service that Chrysler can't take away by pulling their dealership.

01.5 silver quad cab long bed HO 6spd. Edge EZ, Jacobs ex. brake, pillar gages, B&W gooseneck, sport off road package grille & bumper, 285 Wrangler workhorse radials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rngperf View Post
This sucks bad! My local small town Dodge dealer "Meyer Auto Sales" is owned and serviced by my wife's family. This dealership was started in 1928 by my wife's great grandfather, then ran by her grandfather and then my father in law took over in the early 1960's when his father died of cancer. The dealership got it's notice that they will loose their franchise. This came only a few weeks after my wife's grandmother passed away, she had been the dealerships book keeper untill se was in her 80's. This is not some huge opperation, this is a company where if you needed a car or truck you delt with the owner, not some salesman. When you needed service you delt with my wife's uncle's or her brother's and the bodyshop was run by another uncle and he did most of the painting. This is trully a family opperation. The dealership prided itself in having the "Five Star" award for almost as long as it has been available. These guys are the reason that I switched to Dodge from GM when I bought my first used Cummins in 1997. Saddly only weeks after hearing that they would loose their contract with Dodge, my father in law Lynn Meyer died of sudden heart trouble while at his birthday party on May 23. Days later at the funeral home over 1,300 guests showed up to pay their respects. As we stood in line talking to these guests I was amazed at the hundreds of people who introduced themself as "just customers". I have bought a lot of products over the years but I have never recieved service that was so good that I went to a funeral for one of the owners. These customers knew how different this dealership is. I think that Chrysler has made a huge mistake in their decision to close these small dealerships that could not have been costing them much money. If Chrysler had more dealerships like Meyer Auto Sales it would not be in the trouble they are in. If you are in the Ft.Wayne IN. area give these guys a call. They have a huge wealth of knowedge of all dodge cars and trucks, along with the type of personal service that Chrysler can't take away by pulling their dealership.
Well, on the up side, now you will be able to go to the big multi dealer owned dealerships where they only care about bleeding every last dime they can out of you.
I really dont understand this closing dealers thing. Dealers are independently owned, are they not? So the dealership itself costs dodge nothing.

The only thing a small dealer does is take a few sales away from the mega dealers, right?
WOOP there it is.

Ill only buy Fords or Saturns from now on.
(Penske buying Saturn)

99 3500 5 spd. quadcab longbed 2wd dually Airdog 100-sold
05 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi Sport- stolen and totalled by illegal mexican smugglers
2010 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi BigHorn
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
That really stinks. These smaller dealers are paying for Chryslers mistakes. You buy a business and run it successfully for years, and someone says sorry we're taking your business away, and we're not going to give you anything for it. The remaining dealers should be forced to share the load of at least buying out their inventory.

2005 5.9 QCSB 4X4, Black, stock. Sold but not forgotten
2008 6.7 QC 4X4 Big Horn, Mineral Grey, stock except for K&N. Sold
2002 5.9 24 valve 4x4 , silver, short bed sport. Stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode