Chrysler Resale Values Drop 6% In One Week After Bankruptcy Filing - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Cummins Forum News News and CF Staff Updates to the Members. Plans, site changes, things to look forward to, etc. Only staff may start new threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Chrysler Resale Values Drop 6% In One Week After Bankruptcy Filing

According to Automotive Leasing Guide, the resale value of a Chrysler vehicle dropped six percent in the week following the company's Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.

In just seven days the uncertainty about Chrysler's future crept into the marketplace in a very real way, damaging the resale values for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep products almost equally.

Prior to the bankruptcy filing a three-year old Chrysler was worth 34.8 percent of its original value. After the filing, that amount dropped to just 28.8 percent.

The value of a three-year old Dodge went from 37.3 percent to 31.2 percent and three-year old Jeep vehicles declined in value from 38.4 percent of the original purchase price to 32.4 percent.

The news isn't good for those who recently purchased a Chrysler vehicle and as the declines are based on percentage they can take a significant toll on pricey models like SUVs or the Challenger SRT8 pictured above.

In comparison, a three-year old Toyota retains 45.5 percent of its original value.

More: Chrysler Resale Values Drop 6% In One Week After Bankruptcy Filing on AutoGuide.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 01:36 PM
railer and bailer

Thanked 1,026 Times in 828 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
ouch - i just bought an 05 jeep wrangler unlimited
for $11k onw its worth $10.3k

niiiiiiice. glad i bought used !!

jason

closet poster

'19 2500
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Resale

We just purchased a new '08 Grand Cherokee Diesel and we own an '07 Dodge Ram Diesel. My experience has been that these vehicles will out last a Jap vehicle. I have no doubts that these two Mopars will last us 10 to 15 years and several 100 thousand kms. If I needed another vehicle, I'd have no problem purchasing another Chrysler product.

'07 Dodge 2500 QC SLT TRX4 Offroad 4x4 SB 6.7 Auto full deletes XRT Pro Pusher Intake Manifold & tube S&B with scoop my DD. '13 Jeep GC Laredo my wife's DD. '65 Dodge Polara 880 Convertible 383 hp Automatic. '98 Jeep XJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode