Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Huntington In.
Thanked 2,145 Times in 2,002 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Sorry still no pictures, I got carried away working trying to get it done today and started getting hungry. I looked outside and it was starting to get dark, but it had been raining with thunder storms about all day so there was no sun. I came in the house and saw it was 5:40 and thought no wonder I was hungry last I ate was breakfast, so I called it a day.
I did get quite a bit done, brakes are hooked up and bled. Axle perches are welded on and also driveshaft is on. Most of the day was spent making my steering linkages, scavenged parts from the Dodge and my old Fords ttb 50 linkages. I wanted 1 solid straight bar between the front tierods and the Dodges was like a Y and so was the Fords. I had just enough parts and pieces to do it and the wheels turned back and forth without any linkages hitting anything. If it works ok later i'll order the same setup that's on my Fords Dana 60, it's the same way as the way I did the Blazer only in more pieces.
Tomorrow I have to get some new front shocks and figure out a way to mount them. I don't think I can mount them where the old ones were because of my leaf springs being wider. Thinking about doing them like on my Ford, mount on top of the spring plate and then straight up to the frame, looks like the simplest way. I also have to mount the t-case shifter handle and cut a hole in the floor for it, I hope my console isn't to wide to bring the handle next to it.
84 K5 Blazer 97 12v, 47re with E-TransControl, Dodge Dana 60 with free spin hubs, Dana 70, B&M Mega shifter
96 F350 SC dually zf5, 4x4, 92 Cummins, THD 5x12's, THD fuel pin, THD HVLP with adjustable fuel pressure mod, WM, h1c 60/60/12cm WG wired