HELP!! Getting code after putting DPF back on - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
EDIT Code U010C HELP!! Getting code after putting DPF back on

Had to re-install everything a couple of days ago so I could get my E test done. In the process I forgot to attach the plug under the EGR and drove that way for about 100 miles. The CE was on but I thought I read that it took a few key turns to get it back to normal. So today I attached the plug and cleared all the codes but one, PC10C. I did a search and found no real help.

So does anyone know what the deal is with this code? I have two days left till I have to get my E test and new tags for my plate.

You can call me at 3o3 ..829 + o7o3 I need help and so does my truck.

update, I took the software to catcher 2 to see what would happen and the CE went away. So I took it back to stock software and the CE came back as did code PC10C (no it is not a typo)

Then when I turned the key on and off to check codes I got P0700 and P2509. So what is the deal??

EDIT Smarty read the code wrong, the odometer read the code as U010C Fault code U010C-lost communication wih turbo charger. THe truck seems to drive fine but it does seem like it takes a few to spool up and get going. Now I can't really tell if that is how it is supposed to be since I have driven it on Catcher 5 since I got it. So again thanks for all of your help so far but still need some.

Thanks Tom
07.5 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 Edge/Juice AFE CAI, MBRP DPF Delete Oops, Smarty, EGR delete

Last edited by Rockrunner; 06-30-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Hide your cats!

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Is that code a typo?? Not able to find a pc10c code. All codes start with p,c,or b followed by a 0 or a 1 then the rest.

2005 white auto, thanks to stoakenstine creations, 23 Diesel,smarty so6 Ats 5-star, 5" TBE to 6" stack, bhaf, GDP air boss, full triple pod, gdp 2 mic. edge ez 547hp 1078ft.lbs
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

That is what I thought, but that is what the Smarty shows. When I did a search I found 4 posts on it but no one knows what it is. Smarty states "Unknown code"

Thanks Tom
07.5 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 Edge/Juice AFE CAI, MBRP DPF Delete Oops, Smarty, EGR delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Update in first post.

Thanks Tom
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Hide your cats!

I have a laptop I can plug into it and it will tell me what the codes are. Where are you located at? I'm in lakewood.

2005 white auto, thanks to stoakenstine creations, 23 Diesel,smarty so6 Ats 5-star, 5" TBE to 6" stack, bhaf, GDP air boss, full triple pod, gdp 2 mic. edge ez 547hp 1078ft.lbs
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstoaks View Post
I have a laptop I can plug into it and it will tell me what the codes are. Where are you located at? I'm in lakewood.
Thanks for the offer I live in south Littleton but I think I am good.

I found a more comprehensive list that shows code P2506, it reads; P2506 ECM/PCM Power Input Signal Range/Perf. When I went out to check the truck again it turned over 2 times and died. So since the batteries are bad I figure I will replace those first and then retry flashing the ECM with FULL batteries.

If I still have the CE on I will send you a pm or ?? I can come over to your house or we can meet if I need to have them read still. I will update this post tomorrow one way or another, hopefully I will have passed my E test

I will also post a link to the code list, many more than what this forum shows.

Thanks Tom
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Dont Upset The Hulk....

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Where are you taking it to get it Etested?

2006 Ram 2500 QC, SB, Fun Truck, Far From Stock
The Never Ending Build

2018 Ram 3500 Aisin SRW CC, SB Sport Big Horn All Show and No Go....
'06 Built for MJC 1984-2009
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

No idea yet, I was actually going to call you guys and see who I should take it to. I am open to suggestions. I was told about the place of Hampden and Sante fe, well near there at least. Is there a better place I am in littleton, Roxborough to be exact.

Thanks Tom
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Hide your cats!

Me being on the north end I don't know where to get any e test down around there. I work at Kipling and chatfield so maybe we can work something out! I'll shoot you a txt with my number.
The other thing is they can't fail you for a cel. And as long as it appears to be in working order they won't question it.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstoaks View Post
The other thing is they can't fail you for a cel. And as long as it appears to be in working order they won't question it.
Not true. A CEL is an immediate failure.

To the OP, Be very diligent cleaning your battery terminals when you put your new batteries in. The ECM's are EXTREMELY sensitive to voltage drops so good solid connections are vital. Make sure to seal them when you're finished also.

2007 Dodge 3500 QCSB 6.7
Colorado Licensed Diesel Emissions Inspector
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Hide your cats!

Maybe it's different on diesels but for the gassers it dosent matter. Have been there and done that myself. So not just something I heard. First hand experience.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Thanks for all the info guys. I also thought a CEL was immediate fail that is why I am so worried.

I am going to get two new batteries and clean all the connectors and make sure everything is perfect. Now normally I use those little red/green pads under the connectors to keep the terminals clean. What do you use to "seal" them??

Thanks Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode